Octane Compression Caps

Elf

Storybook / Retired, ex-staff
Feb 4, 2019
Mountain West (US)
I have never actually seen any in person! Hopefully someone else here has a few...

But welcome to the forums, and good luck with your search :)

Thanks for the warm welcome. :)

I was able to get a proper STL file from jan-jaap. Going to find a local guy to print some for me.

Will advise with my findings.

Meanwhile, shapeways.com has some compression caps available, but pass on those — they’re tiny — better for the Barbie’s First SGI Playset instead of a proper Octane.

😅😅😅

Reactions: Elf

massiverobot

irix detailer
Feb 8, 2019
Philly
twitter.com
I'm interested to see if anyone has some close-up hirez picts of the PCI card-cage Pressure pads to see if the one I have is messed up or not. The very end piece seems to have a plastic film across it- and that is connected to the metal plate that seems loose. Is that how they are supposed to be? I'll get a photo today and post.

It's strange.

Elf

Storybook / Retired, ex-staff
Feb 4, 2019
Mountain West (US)
Last I booted my Octane I seem to remember hinv not showing the cage itself either. I think I have heard other people say similar things. I will be doing an IRIX reinstall on that Octane soon though so I will poke it both from the PROM and from IRIX to confirm what it says.

About us

• Silicon Graphics User Group (SGUG) is a community for users, developers, and admirers of Silicon Graphics (SGI) products. We aim to be a friendly hobbyist community for discussing all aspects of SGIs, including use, software development, the IRIX Operating System, and troubleshooting, as well as facilitating hardware exchange.

User Menu