O2 flashing amber and green LED simultaneously 10 times on boot

gkmaia

Jun 17, 2020
Hi, I am new to the forum.

I am trying to get my old O2 back and working. It used to work 5 years ago.

Went through the manual and it only mentions issues pointed by the amber LED flashing. But on my case both flash.

I have 6 RAM cards. I have tried different pairs at a time to maybe isolate a faulty card. But no luck.

Also sprayed dOxit over all connectors.

Anyone out here with some knowledge?

If I am getting a flashing LED does that mean my mainboard/processor is being able to boot ROM and go over some test routines?

Does that mean PSU is fine? Or could i get such flashing if some of the main rails are off spec? But I guess if 3v and 5v are way off the logic would not even start.

Reactions: Elf

mgtremaine

May 3, 2020
San Diego, Ca
www.stellarcore.net
According to the o2 Boot FlowChat blinking Amber is Memory Diagnostic Failure. The next step in the flow chart is Boot Tune, do you get a Boot Tune or does just flash Amber green and nothing else.

The FlowCharts says.. Verify Slots 1 and 2 are populated and Re-Seat DIMMS on system. After that is says Replace DIMMS. Of note is Solid Amber is System board so you pass that, Solid Red is CPU you pass that and NO LED is Power System you pass that. So focus on the memory clean it and make sure it's in the right slots.

-Mike

Reactions: Elf

About us

• Silicon Graphics User Group (SGUG) is a community for users, developers, and admirers of Silicon Graphics (SGI) products. We aim to be a friendly hobbyist community for discussing all aspects of SGIs, including use, software development, the IRIX Operating System, and troubleshooting, as well as facilitating hardware exchange.

User Menu