Nvidia Quadro Plex 1000 Model IV

Irinikus

Dec 16, 2019
South Africa
www.youtube.com
I've just bought a host interface card for my Nvidia Quadro Plex 1000 Model IV: (So hopefully I'll have it up and running in the near future!)

All I want to see is its Crysis performance, as it was the best graphics option available at the time of Crysis's release! (So can it run Crysis???)

I'm going to remove the GTX 690 From my Alienware machine and pair it with the Quadro Plex, as they're both the same vintage and see how they manage Crysis as a team!

Here are some pics of the Quadro Plex itself:

Elf

Storybook / Retired, ex-staff
Feb 4, 2019
Mountain West (US)
Curious to see how that works. I have never seen one in person, but it's interesting to see how things have changed with eGPUs now connecting via the much smaller Thunderbolt connector :)

Irinikus

Dec 16, 2019
South Africa
www.youtube.com
Thunderbolt truly does have an impressive throughput!

As far as I know, all that the interface card really is, is a PCIe bridge. (It's a interesting SLI setup of two Quadro 5600's, which are essentially 8800GTX's with 1.5 GB of video RAM each!)

Back in the day, when I was really into gaming I drooled over these thing's, but with a $10000+ price tag back in 2008, they're were ever so slightly out of reach! (I love playing catchup!)

Reactions: Elf

Irinikus

Dec 16, 2019
South Africa
www.youtube.com
Here's the system's current Crysis performance:

In the future I will upgrade it with a PCIe 2.0 to m.2 SSD, 8GB of Corsair 800MHz DDR2 RAM and a QX6850. (The best CPU that the nForce 680i SLI can take), as I want to see it running optimally, and being the best it can be for the period! (The SSD will be the only component besides the Epiphan video capture card (which is still on the way from the US), that won't be period specific.)

These are the game settings I'm using:

Here's the performance:

About us

• Silicon Graphics User Group (SGUG) is a community for users, developers, and admirers of Silicon Graphics (SGI) products. We aim to be a friendly hobbyist community for discussing all aspects of SGIs, including use, software development, the IRIX Operating System, and troubleshooting, as well as facilitating hardware exchange.

User Menu