[Not SGI] - Mac Pro 2010

Jacques

Dec 21, 2019
Somerset, United Kingdom
I know it's not an SGI, but I'm putting this up here anyhow. I'm selling my 2010 Mac Pro as I simply don't use it anymore ( I use a work laptop now). It had a new PSU fitted about 5 years ago, and since then it's only seen very limited use.

2010 Mac Pro 5,1 latest firmware, all diagnostics passed.
Case is in good condition, a few minor scuffs and scratches typical of a machine that has seen some use. The feet and handles are straight, no bends, the side panel fits flush.
Dual 2.93Ghz 6 core Xeons. (12 core / 24 thread). All new thermal paste.
48GB 1333Mhz DDR3 ECC ram in triple channel arrangement
All original drive bays present, I also have the blue SSD slot in drive bay.
256GB Samsung EVO SSD will ship with MacOS Mojave.
1TB WD 7200 HD.
PCIe NVME card, but no NVME drive (yes it does boot with an NVME card!)
Wifi-Bluetooth
Superdrive
Sapphire AMD RX 580 8GB gfx card, bought new and with box. This is a really quiet card and the fans only really come one when it is rendering / being used for heavy Metal / OpenGL.

I will also add a Zotac GTX680 2GB flashed card, this one has previously been reflowed so I only use it if I need a boot screen. (which is never these days)

The superdrive is a bit picky, sometime it will read discs, sometimes not. I hardly ever use it as I tend to use USB. I cleaned out all the fans and the case when I did the thermal paste so the machine is dust free. So a very good base to build 'The Best' as it has loads of upgrade potential, all the way to MacOS Monterey via OpenCore.

I'm asking £395 + shipping. Payment via PayPal, happy with collection in person.

Last edited:
Reactions: Elf

About us

• Silicon Graphics User Group (SGUG) is a community for users, developers, and admirers of Silicon Graphics (SGI) products. We aim to be a friendly hobbyist community for discussing all aspects of SGIs, including use, software development, the IRIX Operating System, and troubleshooting, as well as facilitating hardware exchange.

User Menu