Not a rant but I will be posting everything else for sale here

Raulozzi

May 15, 2021
So not trying to make this a rant but just sold one of my fathers fuels on eBay for a total payment of $693 (that is including the shipping) and then they take a 12.55% cut off of that price so I had $90 in fees on top of it and then fees on PayPal as well. And not that I am trying to be greedy as he just wants all of this gone, but we are using the money from all of this to get his house handicap accessible and make it so he can live there again so I am trying to do what I can so we can make all of the changes and he can be back in his own house. So I will be posting everything here from now on. Here are some pictures of what we have gone through that will be for sale soon.

this is just some of the stuff that there are and it is mostly or octane 2 but some stuff works with fuel too I’m told. There are multiple tape drives, mobo with cpu and ran, ram, divo (some with jpeg if that is a thing) mxi boards, emxi boards, fiber channel cards, scsi cards, as well as I believe 4 complete octane 2 systems, power supplies etc. everything still has to be tested so it will take some time but I will post everything here.

Attachments

jenna64bit

Administrator
Apr 18, 2020
Yeah, EBay has really gone through the roof with its pricing these days. It's getting ridiculous. Interesting way to store the octane boards! That makes a lot of sense. Posting so I remember to watch this thread, I'll probably pick up a thing or two.

Reactions: Raulozzi

weblacky

Jan 13, 2020
Seattle, WA
So not trying to make this a rant but just sold one of my fathers fuels on eBay for a total payment of $693 (that is including the shipping) and then they take a 12.55% cut off of that price so I had $90 in fees on top of it and then fees on PayPal as well. And not that I am trying to be greedy as he just wants all of this gone, but we are using the money from all of this to get his house handicap accessible and make it so he can live there again so I am trying to do what I can so we can make all of the changes and he can be back in his own house. So I will be posting everything here from now on. Here are some pictures of what we have gone through that will be for sale soon.

this is just some of the stuff that there are and it is mostly or octane 2 but some stuff works with fuel too I’m told. There are multiple tape drives, mobo with cpu and ran, ram, divo (some with jpeg if that is a thing) mxi boards, emxi boards, fiber channel cards, scsi cards, as well as I believe 4 complete octane 2 systems, power supplies etc. everything still has to be tested so it will take some time but I will post everything here.
That was me (I was your winning bidder)! Yeah, given the system, it was a good price...but I didn't enjoy the $64 Tax in my state (boo eBay)...but I knew you also wouldn't enjoy the state tax, shipping tax, ebay fees,Paypal fees, and all that. You wouldn't get much left.

I was surprised you didn't post items on the SGI forums before to but I know eBay protection can help quite a bit when you sell expensive items.

I'm looking forward to seeing what I get :)

If you have other items, please post them and maybe we can do business again.

ghost180sx

Dec 13, 2019
The Great White North
I'm interested in some of the items you have! I have a first gen octane (the max 2GB mobo) and it would nice to have some more RAM, a tape drive and some hard drive sleds! I'm up in Western Canada. Do PM me if you still have hardware for sale.

LXLS

Feb 7, 2022
Sarasota FL
I think I drove all the way up to you from Sarasota to pick up an Octane 2 a while back!

I'm curious what you want for the video I/O boards w/JPEG.

marcellino

Jun 13, 2022
Raulozzi, hi,
please let me know if you have anything left for sale, need some Octane/Octane2 spares.

Thanks,
Marcel.

About us

• Silicon Graphics User Group (SGUG) is a community for users, developers, and admirers of Silicon Graphics (SGI) products. We aim to be a friendly hobbyist community for discussing all aspects of SGIs, including use, software development, the IRIX Operating System, and troubleshooting, as well as facilitating hardware exchange.

User Menu