New here

ghost180sx

Dec 13, 2019
The Great White North
I thought I'd start a thread to say "hi" for new members. I didn't see one yet.
I've been active on discord for quite a while and have long wanted an SGI workstation, as they are "dream machines". Thanks to some nice peeps through the community I'm very close to making this a reality. I thought I'd join here too to help contribute and gain access to more info and people who love these old beasts.

Reactions: Elf

Elf

Storybook / Retired, ex-staff
Feb 4, 2019
Mountain West (US)
Welcome! :)

I have been saying this forever, but, I do have a stack of Indys that I intend to sell. They make good starter machines, and they'll be posted up here!

glitchwrks

Jun 18, 2020
Central VA
www.glitchwrks.com
Hi there! New to the forums, longtime SGI owner, though often not running IRIX. I currently have an IMPACT Indigo2 (well, my wife's really) and what boils down to a parts unit non-IMPACT Indigo2. IMPACT Indigo2 currently has NetBSD on it, but I'm wanting to get IRIX reinstalled. I've previously owned an O2 and an Indy, a friend has the O2 now, I regret selling the Indy around 10 years ago when we moved. The O2 was my main workshop system for a while, I had SCA drives with IRIX and Debian, spent more and more time booted into Debian while it was in use.

I mostly dabble in older stuff (minis and micros from the 70s) but I'm also interested in old UNIX and UNIX-like systems!

Reactions: Elf

ghost180sx

Dec 13, 2019
The Great White North
Glitchwrks,
I think most people know you for your NVRAM chip fix boards! Glad to see you here. I love your website, and apreciate your board designs.

I was just looking at it, looking for a piggy-back board for the clock chip in my Indy, which needs replacement real soon! The originals are out of production now... Not sure if you make one. The original is a Dallas DS1386-8K-150 RAMified Timekeeper.

Again, welcome!

About us

• Silicon Graphics User Group (SGUG) is a community for users, developers, and admirers of Silicon Graphics (SGI) products. We aim to be a friendly hobbyist community for discussing all aspects of SGIs, including use, software development, the IRIX Operating System, and troubleshooting, as well as facilitating hardware exchange.

User Menu