nekoware? (What's good and what's not?)

Irinikus

Dec 16, 2019
South Africa
www.youtube.com
This threads purpose is to show members some of the gems that are available in nekoware.

I'm slowly sorting through the nekoware folder and separating the programs from the supporting files: (This is what I have so far: )

Here are some good things I've found so far:

Mandelbulber:

scummvm:

Starfighter:

ppracer:

Last edited:
Reactions: Elf

Irinikus

Dec 16, 2019
South Africa
www.youtube.com
Atlas works:

Celestia works well and is really cool:

XEPHEM works:

Q-CAD works:

XAOS works:

XV works:

Maelstrom works:

Crimson fields works:

Icebreaker works:

Stella works, although I don't have any ROM files for it:

Toppler works:

xskat works:

Hexen II works:

nekoquake works:

ioQuake3 works:

Irinikus

Dec 16, 2019
South Africa
www.youtube.com
I just found another cool little game: (SuperTuxKart)

GraphicsMagick also works but you have to install "neko_xz-5.24.tardist" to install "liblzma.s" and this is not listed as one of the dependancies!

ImageMagick also works:

neko xfe also works

I also managed to video the install process to give others some insight as to how you go about doing this.

There was only one dependency, being neko_fox, but I think that neko_XZ is also a prerequisite here, as it was for Image Magick, as neko_xfe did't work when I recently tried it, but it does now after installing neko_XZ.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tephran and flexion

indigofan

Jun 8, 2020
I have found sometimes reinstalling the packages will get them to work... Never got XFE to work on my Fuel running 6.5.30.

Irinikus

Dec 16, 2019
South Africa
www.youtube.com
Try installing neko_XZ! The more packages you successfully install, the more likely you will be able to install more packages. "neko_XZ" is not listed as a dependency for Graphics Magic, even though it's required to install "liblzma.s"!!!! which is a seemingly missing dependency required by Graphics magic!

Last edited:

About us

• Silicon Graphics User Group (SGUG) is a community for users, developers, and admirers of Silicon Graphics (SGI) products. We aim to be a friendly hobbyist community for discussing all aspects of SGIs, including use, software development, the IRIX Operating System, and troubleshooting, as well as facilitating hardware exchange.

User Menu