Need IPv6 patches for HP-UX 11i v1

Xav101

Challenge L
Nov 23, 2019
So this whole story starts recently when I found a copy of Mathematica 6 for UNIX, and I decided to try and install it on my J5600. Install went fine, however on attempting to run it, it encountered an error.

Code:
/usr/lib/pa20_64/dld.sl: Unsatisfied code symbol 'freeaddrinfo' in load module '/usr/local/Wolfram/Mathematica/6.0/SystemFiles/Libraries/HP-UX-PA64/libQtNetwork.4'.
/usr/lib/pa20_64/dld.sl: Unsatisfied code symbol 'getaddrinfo' in load module '/usr/local/Wolfram/Mathematica/6.0/SystemFiles/Libraries/HP-UX-PA64/libQtNetwork.4'.
/usr/lib/pa20_64/dld.sl: Unsatisfied code symbol 'getnameinfo' in load module '/usr/local/Wolfram/Mathematica/6.0/SystemFiles/Libraries/HP-UX-PA64/libQtNetwork.4'.
/usr/lib/pa20_64/dld.sl: Unsatisfied code symbol 'gai_strerror' in load module '/usr/local/Wolfram/Mathematica/6.0/SystemFiles/Libraries/HP-UX-PA64/libQtNetwork.4'.

After some digging around I found that these are all part of the open group specification, however they aren't actually present in HP-UX 11i v1, and were added in either 11i v2 or 11i v3. However HP released patches for 11i v1 which added these. There is a file on archive.org HP-UX_11i_v1_IPv6NCF11i_B.11.11.0705_HP-UX_B.11.11_32+64.depot which contains the necessary IPv6 bits, however swinstall tells me that it depends on multiple kernel patches.

Code:
PHNE_35351
PHNE_35453
PHCO_25887
In addition to these, I've also seen various references to other kernel patches that I might need to get this working.

Code:
PHCO_24400
PHCO_24402
PHCO_24401
PHCO_24129
This is where I've hit a dead end. I've been trying to find a working copy of these patches but I've been unable to. I managed to get a folder from someone that contained these, and although using swreg to register it as a depot and using swinstall to open the depot and select the files worked, upon executing the analysis phase in swinstall it complained that the catalog file for the depot was missing. I'm not sure if there's a way to regenerate that, so it seems like it may be corrupted.

If anyone could point me towards these it would help me a great deal towards getting Mathematica 6 working.

nuclear

Jun 3, 2020
nuclear.mutantstargoat.com
Another approach might be to build a version of libQtNetwork4 without IPv6 support enabled if that's an option, or hacked to remove these calls and replace them with the more traditional gethostbyname etc if it isn't.

Yet another approach might be to implement these functions in a shared library and LD_PRELOAD it.

About us

• Silicon Graphics User Group (SGUG) is a community for users, developers, and admirers of Silicon Graphics (SGI) products. We aim to be a friendly hobbyist community for discussing all aspects of SGIs, including use, software development, the IRIX Operating System, and troubleshooting, as well as facilitating hardware exchange.

User Menu