Moving a compiled application from 02 to Octane2 MXE

kenf

Mar 31, 2021
I have a runtime application that has been compiled and can't be recompiled. It runs perfectly on an O2. Can I anticipate problems trying to run it on an Octane2 with MXE graphics? Thanks for any thoughts about this.

Last edited:

jenna64bit

Administrator
Apr 18, 2020
Unless you’re using something specific to the O2 graphics subsystem I suspect you will be fine. The O2 runs 32 bit binaries, but I haven’t had trouble with those on the Octane. It should support both 64 bit & 32 bit.

kenf

Mar 31, 2021
Unless you’re using something specific to the O2 graphics subsystem I suspect you will be fine. The O2 runs 32 bit binaries, but I haven’t had trouble with those on the Octane. It should support both 64 bit & 32 bit.
Thanks very much for your reply, much appreciated.

ghost180sx

Dec 13, 2019
The Great White North
I can confirm this works easily. I have both systems (my Octane is SE gfx). I build stuff in ~/src and usually install to /usr/local. Tar and gzip it, send it thru whatever method to other system, and unpack. I’ve even just put them on an NFS share. The only time it may not work is if you’ve had too much fun with arch specific optimizations.

Reactions: kenf

About us

• Silicon Graphics User Group (SGUG) is a community for users, developers, and admirers of Silicon Graphics (SGI) products. We aim to be a friendly hobbyist community for discussing all aspects of SGIs, including use, software development, the IRIX Operating System, and troubleshooting, as well as facilitating hardware exchange.

User Menu