Today I transferred the component set that I built up in Maya 6.5 to Blender on my Mac, for assembly and final rendering. When you export a ".mb" file from Maya to a ".obj" file, which can be imported into Blender, you loose the textures that you assigned to the model, so in this case i'm going to have to setup all of the texture defining nodes for this model in Blender.
This image shows the imported model as well as the arrangement of nodes that I've setup in Blender to denoise the output of the Cycles render engine:
There was a problem with my model, that I was not aware of, being that every vertex in the scene was superimposed THREE TIMES, so today I spent many hours deleting the "overlays" and now the machine is performing perfectly! (Here's the latest progress, I'll definitely be able to build up a complete board now!!! )
The components are now all at least on the board! Next come the "LED CPU status bar", the "securing gear" and the "bus interface connectors"! Finally I will add the required silkscreening to the board and try to sort out the labelling of the components to the top right of the board to the best of my ability, as I don't possess a high resolution image of that part of the board!