Manual or Tech Sheets for a HL7965KW-SG Monitor

The Jurassic Junkie

Jun 24, 2021
Hey Everyone,

I just acquired a Mitsubishi HL7965KW-SG monitor for my ever-growing JP tech collection. It was saved from a recycler and got some damage to the case (mostly minor, thank goodness).

Anyways, it doesn't seem to be working (There's a random beam drawn accross the screen and noise from the rear). I turned it off before (hopefully) any more damage was done. I just got it home from a long trip and have yet to tear into it. I've heard that typical issues with these is loose solder joints...?

Also, does anyone have any sort of repair manual for this monitor?

1707165739150.jpeg

Thanks

The Jurassic Junkie

Jun 24, 2021
Here’s wants displayed when the monitor is turned on. There’s also a high pitched squeal.

I don’t let it sit on very long before turning it back off. I’ve looked over as many boards as I can without fully tearing it apart looking for loose solder joints. None seen so far…

Attachments

About us

• Silicon Graphics User Group (SGUG) is a community for users, developers, and admirers of Silicon Graphics (SGI) products. We aim to be a friendly hobbyist community for discussing all aspects of SGIs, including use, software development, the IRIX Operating System, and troubleshooting, as well as facilitating hardware exchange.

User Menu