Macbook battery replacement

Jacques

Dec 21, 2019
Somerset, United Kingdom
Can anybody recommend a good make / brand of replacement battery for a 2012 Macbook Pro? I bought a battery for my wife's Macbook Pro from 'ReplaceBase' but that swelled very badly and only lasted around 12 months. I'm still using the original battery and it lasts about 3-4 hours with light browsing, 775 cycle count and 3914mAh. I'm not sure this is correct somehow as I've had this laptop since new from 2012! I've certainly charged it fully more than 775 times!

Or are they all pretty much the same just with different branding?

Just want to extend the life of my daily driver for another year or two.

weblacky

Jan 13, 2020
Seattle, WA
I used an expensive (~$129) iFixit branded battery on my MBP 15" retina 2012, that was in 2018...still works fine today (still using that system each day).

Reactions: Jacques

mgtremaine

May 3, 2020
San Diego, Ca
www.stellarcore.net
I replaced my MBP 13" 2012 with a "NewerTech NuPower 65 Watt-Hour Replacement Battery for all Apple MacBook Pro 13.3-inch 2009-2012 non-Retina Models models" It was $90 in 2018. I see that the standard NewerTech NuPower for these models is now 74Watt and the price has gone down a little at OWC. My battery replacement is still working fine no issues.

-Mike

Reactions: Jacques

PeteT

May 20, 2021
+1 on the Newertech batteries.

I replaced the battery in my wife's '13 MBA with a Newertech from MegaMac.com (UK). No issues at all afterwards - good as new.

About us

• Silicon Graphics User Group (SGUG) is a community for users, developers, and admirers of Silicon Graphics (SGI) products. We aim to be a friendly hobbyist community for discussing all aspects of SGIs, including use, software development, the IRIX Operating System, and troubleshooting, as well as facilitating hardware exchange.

User Menu