Looking for Softimage|3D 3.5 Extreme

GameBreaker64

Jul 17, 2019
I'm planning to install IRIX 6.2 on my Indy (after backing up my 6.5 install of course) and want to use a period-correct version of Softimage along with it. That version being 3.5. Does anyone have or know someone who has a copy of SI|3D 3.5, preferably with a working license?

Reactions: NonsensicalFox

kikems

Jul 22, 2020
Spain
Most of us have Softimage 3.9 ( aka 4.0 ) that need IRIX 6.5, I'm interested in softimage version for Irix 6.2 or 5.3 for my Indy too.

Reactions: GameBreaker64

kikems

Jul 22, 2020
Spain
I'm planning to install IRIX 6.2 on my Indy (after backing up my 6.5 install of course) and want to use a period-correct version of Softimage along with it. That version being 3.5. Does anyone have or know someone who has a copy of SI|3D 3.5, preferably with a working license?
I need try Sogtimage 3.8sp1 with my Indy. I'll talk to you if works. I hope that works with Irix 6.2, not sure with Irix 5.3.

If I remember from Softimage 3 to 3.8 was a Microsoft products and 3.8sp1 was the first release of AVID Softimage. I don't know if AVID upgrade the framework from start and all Avid versions need Irix 6.5.

About us

• Silicon Graphics User Group (SGUG) is a community for users, developers, and admirers of Silicon Graphics (SGI) products. We aim to be a friendly hobbyist community for discussing all aspects of SGIs, including use, software development, the IRIX Operating System, and troubleshooting, as well as facilitating hardware exchange.

User Menu