Large Lot of SGI in Northern California

sksaudio

May 2, 2023
Only major items for me to still sort through are the boxed 1400s. I measured the boxes and weighed them--to my surprise they are within the fedex and ups maximums for regular ground shipping. So i wont have to insist on local pickup or bother with freight shippers. Probably next weekend i'll have them up on ebay.

sksaudio

May 2, 2023
Had a bit of free time, just listed the mint 1400 with an sgi box and full software package still sealed in plastic. free 48 state shipping. Half way through evaluating the last one, its a 1420 that was a trade show/demo model, has sgi box and will also be up on ebay in next 2 days.

sksaudio

May 2, 2023
This is a sgi 420c monitor. its a 20 inch CRT. Backside has 5 bnc type connectors, plus a vga type connector thats labeled hd15. I tested it with a modern windows pc with a normal vga output and it works properly. Has a sgi box and styrofoam,
DSCN4577.JPG
looks brand new.

Attachments

Reactions: bitpak

AstridRedfern

Sep 20, 2022
One of the 550 units has a sticker on back indicating its a prototype unit for 'trio 32' not for resale. i looked inside and it has a motherboard, but no cpu, ram, or hdd
@sksaudio, do you have any idea what this "trio 32" is that the unit is meant to be a prototype for? The only "Trio 32" I can find by searching online was made by S3, SGI's competitor.

sksaudio

May 2, 2023
No idea. There wasnt any additional paperwork for it. I do remember that the motherboard was the same as the mb in the regular 550

pauliedweasel

Nov 25, 2023
Prescott, Arizona
Could you post a picture of the CD and Floppy you received with the 1400? I’m look for a set for mine and it would be nice to have a clear picture as a reference, Thank You.

About us

• Silicon Graphics User Group (SGUG) is a community for users, developers, and admirers of Silicon Graphics (SGI) products. We aim to be a friendly hobbyist community for discussing all aspects of SGIs, including use, software development, the IRIX Operating System, and troubleshooting, as well as facilitating hardware exchange.

User Menu