IRIX Software Footage

Irinikus

Dec 16, 2019
South Africa
www.youtube.com
Today I used my new video capture card for the first time and briefly went through the various software packages that I have installed on my Tezro, as a precursor to a series of videos where I demonstrate them in more detail.

Here's the footage:

The rest of the videos in the series will go in this thread!

Last edited:
Reactions: Jan and flexion

jenna64bit

Administrator
Apr 18, 2020
Pro/E really looks like it wants to be Windows software. Did SoftImage ever release an edition on Irix that featured the later rounded UI?

Irinikus

Dec 16, 2019
South Africa
www.youtube.com

In this video I make use of the "timedemo" feature of Quake III to benchmark the Tezro's performance with various settings.

The "timedemo" benchmark counts how many seconds it takes for the machine to render a set number of frames in Quake III, and thus gives you a very stable FPS readout.

Allowing you to very accurately gauge a machine's performance, not only against other machines, but also with different settings.

Reactions: Jan

Irinikus

Dec 16, 2019
South Africa
www.youtube.com
That's a very nicely equipped Tezro! And I didn't know Soft3D could run at such a high resolution, looks good at that size.
Thanks Man!

Here's a link to the thread where I show how to get Soft Image to run at this resolution:

Reactions: Silicon Classics

About us

• Silicon Graphics User Group (SGUG) is a community for users, developers, and admirers of Silicon Graphics (SGI) products. We aim to be a friendly hobbyist community for discussing all aspects of SGIs, including use, software development, the IRIX Operating System, and troubleshooting, as well as facilitating hardware exchange.

User Menu