Irix booting problem. + Question

retronav

Dec 8, 2022
Hi All
When booting Irix on my Indigo2 instead of seeing xdm I see this image below. Can someone tell me what's wrong?
The screen is OK during all booting process. I can login in single user mode, but in "normal" booting process I see this at the end instead of xdm.
I was stoping some services like sendmail and routed but nothing related to XWindow and/org gfx. I made some changes to /usr/lib/X11/xdm/Xservers but I restored it to original with no results. So any ideas? TIA
IMG_2954-kopia.jpg

Elf

Storybook / Retired, ex-staff
Feb 4, 2019
Mountain West (US)
Perhaps try diagnostics from the PROM boot screen, to cover the hardware angle? Also you might check to see if X windows is emitting any logs.

retronav

Dec 8, 2022
Well... Because it was almost fresh Irix installation that I was "tuning" I reinstalled it again and the problem dissolved. It boots OK now.

Reactions: Elf

About us

• Silicon Graphics User Group (SGUG) is a community for users, developers, and admirers of Silicon Graphics (SGI) products. We aim to be a friendly hobbyist community for discussing all aspects of SGIs, including use, software development, the IRIX Operating System, and troubleshooting, as well as facilitating hardware exchange.

User Menu