Iris Indigo - Can't set tod clock

flexion

Sep 23, 2020
Switzerland
My SGI collection now includes an Indigo :indigo:

But on power up I immediately get:

"can't set tod clock".

I assume I either have to replace a battery or maybe I have to replace a Dallas Clock chip or something?

Thanks for any advice

Last edited:

flexion

Sep 23, 2020
Switzerland
I think I have to replace the battery which is located at "BTI".. any ideas where to get a replacement "TL-4986" in europe? or is there an alternative part available? I guess converting to a CR2032 or similar adapter is not possible?

flexion

Sep 23, 2020
Switzerland
Thanks!! Good to know the new part number!
I checked ebay and amazon, but since Switzerland is not a member of the EU, most items do not ship to my country. But I have now found a ER22G68 in a swiss online shop! Although rather expensive, as everything here. I hope they will deliver fast!! (y) :)

Reactions: mgtremaine

phineas64

Jan 3, 2021
An alternative new part is TL-2450/P by Tadiran Batteries i found them for reasonable price on Digi-key 439-1039-ND the leads fit perfectly but it is slightly larger in diameter and does not have the insulator on the bottom like the original so I added a small piece of kapton tape so it didn't short out on the nearby components.
Also of note on my machine I did not even have to desolder as the battery was installed with small through hole sockets that sit flush with the board.

Reactions: Elf and flexion

About us

• Silicon Graphics User Group (SGUG) is a community for users, developers, and admirers of Silicon Graphics (SGI) products. We aim to be a friendly hobbyist community for discussing all aspects of SGIs, including use, software development, the IRIX Operating System, and troubleshooting, as well as facilitating hardware exchange.

User Menu