Indigo r4k Power Supply

praetor

Apr 26, 2019
Hey y'all

I have 2 indigos which need new poewr supplies. One is an r4k and the other is an r3k, but I'd really like to get the r4k working. But I'm finding power supplies are hard to come by, and I'm not electrically skilled enough to rebuild one.

If anyone happens to have one at a decent price, that would be amazeballs.

opcode

Apr 14, 2020
I am also in need of a recap for about 5 Indigo1 power supplies. I have been meaning to ask about this guy in France. he has an ebay auction for repair:

Has anyone used him before?

Elf

Storybook / Retired, ex-staff
Feb 4, 2019
Mountain West (US)
I haven't seen anyone try that vendor before, although I would say recaps are not too difficult. The Indigo 1 power supply is fairly big and chunky, and comes apart relatively easily (especially compared to the Indigo 2 Impact PSUs).

If there is an existing vendor that does these regularly, might as well give it a try though :)

arhiman57

Apr 21, 2020
France
I have bought a Indigo Chyron board from this vendor in the past at a very good price , no problem on shipping as I remember.

Too bad I scrap my 3 dead power supply. When I see all the repair video on youtube for so many stuiff, too bad I didn't have any knowledge on electronic...

ghost180sx

Dec 13, 2019
The Great White North
Although they are dissapearing every day, you might want to check if you have a local friendly TV or electronics repair shop. If it's a competent shop, they should not have any trouble fixing your old switching power supplies. A recap is a straightforward job for anybody skilled with a soldering iron and some basic electronics repair knowledge.

Reactions: Elf

About us

• Silicon Graphics User Group (SGUG) is a community for users, developers, and admirers of Silicon Graphics (SGI) products. We aim to be a friendly hobbyist community for discussing all aspects of SGIs, including use, software development, the IRIX Operating System, and troubleshooting, as well as facilitating hardware exchange.

User Menu