Unxmaal

Administrator
Feb 8, 2019
Prerequisites
  • I only tested this in Ubuntu
  • insmod loop

To rip an efs disc
Code:
dd if=/dev/cdrom of=812-0688-006_IRIX_6.3_required_patches_september_1997.iso bs=2048
To mount the result in Linux:
Code:
mkdir -p /mnt/iso
mount -o loop -t efs 812-0599-003_IRIX_6.3_applications_august_1997.iso /mnt/iso
If you put the results in booterizer's irix/ directory and run 'vagrant up', booterizer should happily serve the result.

thor

Oct 7, 2019
I've had great results using safecopy. It allows for low-level access to CD drives. PC CDs have a sector size of 4096 bytes, and use the ISO9660 file system, while SGI CDs have a sector size of 512 bytes and use the EFS file system and can have multiple partitions. Safecopy allows for using 512 byte sector size and will read a sector multiple times if initial read attempts fail.
Using safecopy, I've gotten around error messages when mounting/copying and have gotten complete images.

Code:
safecopy -b 512 /dev/sr0 812-0688-006_IRIX_6.3_required_patches_september_1997.efs

Reactions: Elf

About us

• Silicon Graphics User Group (SGUG) is a community for users, developers, and admirers of Silicon Graphics (SGI) products. We aim to be a friendly hobbyist community for discussing all aspects of SGIs, including use, software development, the IRIX Operating System, and troubleshooting, as well as facilitating hardware exchange.

User Menu