How to overclock the sgi o2 nekoware thread revival

siliboi

Jan 4, 2021
Halifax Nova Scotia Canada
How to overclock the sgi o2

From what I’ve heard there used to be a lot of, and very long threads on these subjects. Of course there is the 600mhz mod but I think it would be nice to revive: make a new thread about compatible crystals cache etc.

So for those who have overclocked or remember old nekoware threads: how can we overclock different cpu boards also As a side note has anyone over locked the graphics system/ is that possible.

siliboi

Jan 4, 2021
Halifax Nova Scotia Canada
So far through my googling I haven’t come up with much except for moving the resistors around. Apparently according to a cached website there are 2 crystals for the o2 the reference Crystal and the oscillator. Because the cpu board has a pll phase locked loop, the reference can only be changed a smidge 14-16. I think I found the pll’s data sheet the 9135f is actually the 9135-12 but finding a compatible pll may be impossible lol. Anyway the oscillator is 60mhz so I’m thinking of buying a 70mhz to see what that does first and then hopefully do 80mhz I Doubt you could go much higher. But who knows I’ve gone on some sites where they overclocked sgis by ALOT like 50-175mhz lol cache changes as well

About us

• Silicon Graphics User Group (SGUG) is a community for users, developers, and admirers of Silicon Graphics (SGI) products. We aim to be a friendly hobbyist community for discussing all aspects of SGIs, including use, software development, the IRIX Operating System, and troubleshooting, as well as facilitating hardware exchange.

User Menu