how are things installed to the application menu in irix

siliboi

Jan 4, 2021
Halifax Nova Scotia Canada
ive installed a few things with the make install command but they nver show up in the applications menu with an icon I have to launch it with the lying down paper file that usually comes with it. which is weird because it usually comes with an icon picture that should be installed during make install.

separate question: is it possible to change the theme of the desktop windows and things like not just the colour but the actual boxes themselves and the look of the close enlarge and exit buttons? I think id like to make a custom design.

Irinikus

Dec 16, 2019
South Africa
www.youtube.com
I've created scripts that I've inserted into the Icon Catalog to run various programs from there. (Often you can't simply copy and paste a programs executable to the Icon Catalog and get it to work, but scripts always work.)

I discuss this in my video placed in this thread:

Reactions: siliboi

siliboi

Jan 4, 2021
Halifax Nova Scotia Canada
I've created scripts that I've inserted into the Icon Catalog to run various programs from there. (Often you can't simply copy and paste a programs executable to the Icon Catalog and get it to work, but scripts always work.)

I discuss this in my video placed in this thread:

is that how it does it by default how can I include that in my make file because doing that everytime is kind of annoying

About us

• Silicon Graphics User Group (SGUG) is a community for users, developers, and admirers of Silicon Graphics (SGI) products. We aim to be a friendly hobbyist community for discussing all aspects of SGIs, including use, software development, the IRIX Operating System, and troubleshooting, as well as facilitating hardware exchange.

User Menu