Hot Finds thread

Silicon Classics

Dec 7, 2019
Chapel Hill, NC
Last weekend I picked up that stack of Altix 350 systems for $300. Didn't have time to sort through them but at a glance none seemed to have hard drives and only two had expansion cards installed, no idea about RAM or other options. They're currently sitting in storage out of state.

ghost180sx

Dec 13, 2019
The Great White North
Last weekend I picked up that stack of Altix 350 systems for $300. Didn't have time to sort through them but at a glance none seemed to have hard drives and only two had expansion cards installed, no idea about RAM or other options. They're currently sitting in storage out of state.
A stack means how many?

They could have been used for grid computing so hopefully you have a fantastic SGI Linux/Itanic setup :)

rpajarola

Oct 13, 2020
Bunch of IRIX 6.2 and SGI CDs on Yahoo Japan

anyone going after this? I don't want to compete in an auction with someone else from this forum who would also share the images with the community (I don't care about having the originals, but I'm interested in RapidApp and IDO 7.0)

racc

Mar 30, 2019
Could be interesting (auctions) for Finnish members, as SGI equipment rarely is available locally:

Reactions: Elf

About us

• Silicon Graphics User Group (SGUG) is a community for users, developers, and admirers of Silicon Graphics (SGI) products. We aim to be a friendly hobbyist community for discussing all aspects of SGIs, including use, software development, the IRIX Operating System, and troubleshooting, as well as facilitating hardware exchange.

User Menu