Hi from bavaria

Alex_Octane

Nov 8, 2022
Hi there,
I am from bavaria, sitting on my working desk, an Biedermaier deskt, between some vintage stuff, like Amiga500s, east german KC85 and my Octane. Just to mention my MD, MC, CD players, my Technics 1200, all wired together at my vestax mix pult. Filling the holes with some other computers, like Thinkpads from T40 to T460s and …and some MacBook(Pro)s . So much to do but almost no spare time beside family. Anyway I just want to say hello to you…

Alex_Octane

Nov 8, 2022
My KC has usb support, which is better than my SCSI only driven Octane. Beside of this forgot to mention my Indy and another Octane in the basement. I started with Amiga, first bought by Jugendweihe Money. My father took a KC at home from work in holidays sometimes. While studying I had first contact with an Indy, which was really cool. Current notebooks and PCs are doing great and fast, but they completely miss any soul, like vintage stuff is offering…

Reactions: mashek

About us

• Silicon Graphics User Group (SGUG) is a community for users, developers, and admirers of Silicon Graphics (SGI) products. We aim to be a friendly hobbyist community for discussing all aspects of SGIs, including use, software development, the IRIX Operating System, and troubleshooting, as well as facilitating hardware exchange.

User Menu