Greetings All

WMSGI

May 26, 2022
New Member to this forum but not to SGI.

I owned a few systems that I purchased from Softimage during my employment with them in the early 2000's.

as of recent I have acquired new systems and presently have an Indy R5000, an O2 R12000, as well as an Octane. Looking to share and continue my learning adventure into the Irix world once again.

Below is the original systems I had from Softimage.

sgioct.jpg

WMSGI

May 26, 2022
Softimage is my absolute favorite vintage 3D software package - very cool that you used to work for them! What did you do there?
I held a few roles there, I started off in Customer Support, Then QA, to Inside Sales and Mgr of the 3rd Party Developer program.
It was defiantly on my top favorite places where I have worked.

Great staff, energy and talent...Maya just beat us to the punch while XSI was being developed, then Autodesk bought us and that was the end of Softimage and XSI.

About us

• Silicon Graphics User Group (SGUG) is a community for users, developers, and admirers of Silicon Graphics (SGI) products. We aim to be a friendly hobbyist community for discussing all aspects of SGIs, including use, software development, the IRIX Operating System, and troubleshooting, as well as facilitating hardware exchange.

User Menu