Fuel ATX Power Supply adapters - new version announcement

kubatyszko

Jan 29, 2020
Hi there,

Hot off the press, new version of my famed adapters, incorporating some feedback I've received over the years.

Major changes:

*) One-piece design for ease of installation and reliability (but keep in mind that it is now subject to whatever manufacturing tolerances SGI used on their motherboards - especially regarding distance between the large and small socket)

*) Even thicker copper for more current, this is always better
*) Solder mask all over the place, for safety (Even though over hundred of adapters there has never been an issue). Thicker copper allows me to place the mask over the traces, yet retaining the same heat dissipation performance

*) All components are now at the proper(tm) 45-degree angle, because why not ?

*) Other improvements are for me to make the assembly easier and more reliable, such as socket mounting holes making orientation brainless. The 4-pin header is now SMD. And the 8-pin 12V socket now does not require standoff post (which I most recently had to 3d-print due to lack of parts).

Cheers

Attachments

LarBob

Administrator
Feb 8, 2019
Awesome! The first revision has served me well. Thanks for making these!

About us

• Silicon Graphics User Group (SGUG) is a community for users, developers, and admirers of Silicon Graphics (SGI) products. We aim to be a friendly hobbyist community for discussing all aspects of SGIs, including use, software development, the IRIX Operating System, and troubleshooting, as well as facilitating hardware exchange.

User Menu