FS: (SOLD) Three SGI Bigfoot 9500801 Keyboards (Not PS/2, older proprietary protocol!)

ghost180sx

Dec 13, 2019
The Great White North
For sale are three SGI Bigfoot keyboards Part Number 9500801. These are for older systems like the Crimson, Indigo and so on that do NOT use the PS/2 protocol but instead SGI's older serial proprietary protocol. These are getting quite rare now and unless you want to buy a converter, important for preserving older systems the "way they were meant to be".

Sorry, but I do not have any of the cables that go with them. I also don't have a matching mouse. The top keyboard is the cleanest and has the least amount of yellowing. The next two down have progressive levels of yellowing. However, the top keyboard is ever so slightly having the SGI logo in the top left fading away. All were sold to me as known working, but I can't guarantee it because I don't have an SGI system that uses this protocol to test them with before sale, so they're sold "As-Is". These will be sold on a first come first serve basis.

Price $50 USD + shipping each. One per buyer please. Please convince me you actually own a system that this can be used with. I'm selling these way below market price because I want to give back to the community. If for some reason you think my prices are too high or unfair, contact me by DM with some examples and we'll discuss it. However I think it's pretty reasonable.

Note 3: Shipping is extra. I'm expecting it will be under $40 Canadian worldwide, with tracking, but please contact me for an estimate and final cost.

Link to Desk Authority Wiki's info on this KB.

Attachments

Last edited:
Reactions: Elf

jupo

Jul 9, 2019
Tucson, AZ
Ahh! And I just bought a drakware converter for my Indigo because there was no way I was ever going to find a good keyboard deal.

Still, I'd be so very happy to take the ugliest, most yellowed one you have. Then I just need a mouse to finish recreating the setup from my teenage years...

ghost180sx

Dec 13, 2019
The Great White North
Everybody wants the ugliest one LOL
I aim to please. I've received three requests and will get back to those three tomorrow. If anybody backs out, I'll post here how many are left.

ghost180sx

Dec 13, 2019
The Great White North
Ahh! And I just bought a drakware converter for my Indigo because there was no way I was ever going to find a good keyboard deal.

Still, I'd be so very happy to take the ugliest, most yellowed one you have. Then I just need a mouse to finish recreating the setup from my teenage years...
The drakware might still come in handy until you locate the right mouse! In any case, I'm sure it would be an easy flip here, where people need this kind of thing regularly :)

ghost180sx

Dec 13, 2019
The Great White North
Everybody, I have buyers lined up for all my keyboards. I tried to make sure it was on a first come, first served basis for people that have a need (own a compatible system).

Reactions: Elf

About us

• Silicon Graphics User Group (SGUG) is a community for users, developers, and admirers of Silicon Graphics (SGI) products. We aim to be a friendly hobbyist community for discussing all aspects of SGIs, including use, software development, the IRIX Operating System, and troubleshooting, as well as facilitating hardware exchange.

User Menu