FS: Tadpole Bullfrog II Dual 1.2 GHz UltraSPARC IIIi Laptop

compgeke

Oct 20, 2020
Not quite an SGI, but tbh I don't know where else to post it. In an effort to recoup some moving costs, it's time to part with one of my really cool machines.

This "laptop" is a Tadpole Bullfrog II. It's in reasonable shape with the original plastic on the palm rest and LCD screen, although it is missing a couple parts. It's had the ST NVRAM module modified to hold a CR2032 already and the NVRAM settings do stick. The HDD is also failing it seems but it's just a 2.5" SATA SSD on an adapter. I will include a set of Solaris install CDs as well as the Tadpole Platform Support CD. See pictures for the condition.

Specs:
- 2x 1.2 GHz UltraSPARC IIIi
- 2 GB DDR1 ECC
- Sun XVR-100 Onboard driving a
- 17" 1280x1024 LCD
- 500 GB SATA HDD (Will need replaced). This is on an IDE SATA adapter, as the original HDD carrier was missing when I got the machine. I'll include the interposer board with the sale in case you happen to somehow find the 2x 2.5" IDE carrier.
- DVD-ROM Drive (works)
- Wireless B (eww)
- 3.5" Floppy Drive (untested).
- Solaris 10 05/09.

There is not a power brick included with this sale as I don't actually have a correct one. I've been using a pre-Dell Alienware brick rotated 90 and shoved in so the pinout matches. It's a 4 pin PowerDIN connector and needs a 19/20V 10A brick.

Price is $1000 shipped US, however feel free to make an offer! Located in Vallejo, CA. For international buyers I can see if I can get a shipping quote for ya. If you're local to the CA Bay area, maybe even a trade if you've got something cool.

Attachments

• Wow
Reactions: TruHobbyist

Elf

Storybook / Retired, ex-staff
Feb 4, 2019
Mountain West (US)
Very nice! Good luck with the sale, but I don't think you will have any problems selling it. I am almost tempted, myself :)

johnnym

Aug 7, 2022
Holy sh*t! If you don't want to carry a V210 around, what? Didn't know of this one, magnificient machine! You should have seen my face when I noticed its side profile. o_O

About us

• Silicon Graphics User Group (SGUG) is a community for users, developers, and admirers of Silicon Graphics (SGI) products. We aim to be a friendly hobbyist community for discussing all aspects of SGIs, including use, software development, the IRIX Operating System, and troubleshooting, as well as facilitating hardware exchange.

User Menu