FS: SGI O2 CPUs - 250 MHz R10k, 175 MHz R10k, 200 MHz R5k SC.

compgeke

Oct 20, 2020
I've got two, potentially three, CPUs left over from my O2 adventures. Here's what I've got:

CPU 1 - 250 MHz MIPS R10000. Does not include the plastic holder/carrier or standoffs. It works great, this was the CPU I ran in my O2 until I got my hands on an R12000. $80 shipped within the US, contact for international.
Photos:
CPU 2 - 200 MHz MIPS R5000 SC. This is the version that includes 1 MB of L2 cache. A nice upgrade if you've got a 180 PC. This one also does not include the plastic carrier or standoffs, those both were broke in shipping when I first bought my O2. $40 shipped within the US
Photos:
CPU 3 - 175 MHz MIPS R10000. This might not be the worlds fastest R10k, but it's certainly not the worst you could do either. This one came with the replacement motherboard I bought for my O2, but I already had the 250 laying around so I never ended up using it. $40 shipped within the US.
Photos:
Willing to possibly make trades! Particularly after O2 accessories (keyboard, mouse, camera, fpd adapter), even if it means a little cash on top for the harder to find stuff like an FPD adapter.

Reactions: Elf

About us

• Silicon Graphics User Group (SGUG) is a community for users, developers, and admirers of Silicon Graphics (SGI) products. We aim to be a friendly hobbyist community for discussing all aspects of SGIs, including use, software development, the IRIX Operating System, and troubleshooting, as well as facilitating hardware exchange.

User Menu