FS: Octane

racc

Mar 30, 2019
Edit: I got already a couple preliminary queries about these (not from this forum though), so can't promise anything for sure. Feel free to send message in any case, as situations might change still.

I need to let an Octane (or two) go.

Located in Finland, Tampere area. No shipping. Possibly I can help with transportation though to nearby-ish locations.

No fancy specs, but relative tidy condition. Powered on last time when I tested (a couple years ago).

Price should not become an obstacle for anyone who has been dreaming about Octane ownership and can prove a decently good home for one. :) Also exchange offers, for example to 1280x1024 sync-on-green capable display, are welcome

Please contact for more information if any interest/questions.

Last edited:
Reactions: ghost180sx and Elf

BigDidge

Jan 4, 2021
Moi,

Although I reside in england and am english I have lived and worked in Finland for a number of years and have very good personal and business ties to Lahti & Helsinki. I say this because delivery for you could be an issue but how about the notion of one of my friends taking delivery from yourself to them and then they could parcel the Octane/s to myself here in england.

I have many exotics & oddities from BBC micros, SUN, CISCO and PC clones along with my own enterprise racks at two residential locations and can assure you I would give them nothing but a good clean home and space while restoring the Ocane's and personally using them.

If you would like to utilise one of my SPARCs over IP or see images of my rack/s you are more then welcome to :D -I don't even assume I could entertain you with a display or otherwise SGI hardware presently sadly but maybe over the course of the next few years you'd see a change there too and I should be able to help out more then :D

Kind regards,
BigDidge

sbw

Feb 17, 2021
Edit: I got already a couple preliminary queries about these (not from this forum though), so can't promise anything for sure. Feel free to send message in any case, as situations might change still.
Hi

Do you have any of the Octanes still available? I also live in Finland and would like to get some parts for my existing ones.

racc

Mar 30, 2019
Thanks for inquiries & sorry for slow response here. Unfortunately I'm really not excited about getting this stuff shipped abroad, as I was primarily hoping to help establishing some local hobbyist. I'm not convinced it is simply a good idea to pay so much for proper packing&shipping. Further, for international shipping there was already a queue.

A new home was found for one machine. However, when cleaning up and testing these I found hw problems in several. So no machine is available at least for now. sbw, I'll send you a PM just in a moment.

About us

• Silicon Graphics User Group (SGUG) is a community for users, developers, and admirers of Silicon Graphics (SGI) products. We aim to be a friendly hobbyist community for discussing all aspects of SGIs, including use, software development, the IRIX Operating System, and troubleshooting, as well as facilitating hardware exchange.

User Menu