FS: O2 + spare bits [SOLD]

Jacques

Dec 21, 2019
Somerset, United Kingdom
OK, this is back up as I've had to deal with people wanting to split for parts, which I'm not doing. The machine has also found some short lived use as a local lad used it as reference for a school paper :)

I've decided to sell my O2. I simply don't use it for anything anymore and it's just sitting here in my lounge as I can't store it anywhere else. I originally bought it and put it together to replace my Octanes I had but I've just never gotten round to actually getting into it. So this is an opportunity for somebody to own a rather nice O2, with very good skins.

So what I've got and what I'm selling is:

O2 (very good original cube logo blue skins with just a minor glued in place bit for the rear of the black base, can't really see it)
300Mhz R5K
384mb ram
Audio/Video module
Toshiba DVD drive
2x drive sleds
Sony PSU (plus PSU cover!!)
Top case cover, rear tab is broken.

Spare R10k/R12k chassis (no skins and no PSU)
Spare R10k/R12k motherboard and tray. (Working)
R10k 250Mhz CPU PIMM and a spare R12k 300mhz CPU chip only from an Octane, no pimm. I used this to perform the 250-300 mod. (Working)
Also included is the original 180Mhz R5k CPU module.
Set of 6.5.26 install media on CDR.

1x18Gb SCSI drive
3x36GB SCSI drives - All Worldisk (Fujitsu MAS/MAU) 15k rpm drives
(One drive will have 6.5.26 loaded, one of the other spare discs has a bunch of application packages ready for installation (Maya, Softimage, Lightwave, Photoshop), nekoware, IRIX 6.5.22 and 6.5.30, IRIX patches and some helpful Nekochan Wiki 'how to' documents I saved.

Original 4x CD-Rom
Spare Toshiba DVD-Drive (not tested, so not sure it works)
Spare R5k motherboard tray.
1x spare Papst EBM PSU fan

No keyboard, mouse or display.

I've been swapping between the R5k chassis and R10k chassis so there is the option to run it more powerful or less noisy.

I am very worried about shipping, but the buyer can either collect from me or I will ship in two boxes - one for the plastics / skins and another for the parts and chassis. I can meet somebody in Taunton, Exeter, Bristol or Bath (UK) if it helps with travel, but I'd prefer not to ship this. I will package it up really well but as everybody knows the skins are very fragile so I cannot guarantee they will arrive in one piece, I'll try my best though.

I'm asking £650 for all the items listed above + shipping, payment via PayPal. Buyer pays for all handling fees and duties. I will refund £25 for anybody who collects.

I will not split or part anything out, please don't ask.

Jacques

Attachments

Last edited:
Reactions: tracyterpstra

About us

• Silicon Graphics User Group (SGUG) is a community for users, developers, and admirers of Silicon Graphics (SGI) products. We aim to be a friendly hobbyist community for discussing all aspects of SGIs, including use, software development, the IRIX Operating System, and troubleshooting, as well as facilitating hardware exchange.

User Menu