Free to good home: SGI Indy Workstation, with original PS2 Keyboard

jw500

Nov 20, 2022
I had posted this on Craigslist and got zero action, I assume nobody even knows what it is. I figured I would give it once last chance here before it goes in the trash.

I have an SGI Indy Workstation, no idea if it works. Pictures are of the actual unit., It has no hard drive installed. I also have the original PS2 "Granite" keyboard for it in great condition.

It is free, local pickup or I can ship it. Just hate to throw it away...

EDIT: I uploaded pictures here, but I'm not sure how to make them visible.

Reactions: Elf

jw500

Nov 20, 2022
Trying it again with them in JPEG format. If there are any particular parts you want pics of, let me know. Thank you.
IMG_0555 Large.jpeg
IMG_0556 Large.jpeg
IMG_0557 Large.jpeg
IMG_0558 Large.jpeg

CiaoTime

Public Enemy Number One
Jan 15, 2020
Vancouver, BC, Canada
It won't work with 6 RAM sticks, that's for sure! They've gotta be installed in sets of 4 or 8, as a heads-up to any future owner.

It all looks to be there, though. Hopefully it finds a good home. Boise's just a toooouch too far for me to drive to in the winter, heh.

LXLS

Feb 7, 2022
Sarasota FL
I'd love to have this and would happily pay you to box and ship it! an Indy and an O2 are the only things needed to round my collection out! I'll send you a PM. :)

jw500

Nov 20, 2022
It won't work with 6 RAM sticks, that's for sure! They've gotta be installed in sets of 4 or 8, as a heads-up to any future owner.

It all looks to be there, though. Hopefully it finds a good home. Boise's just a toooouch too far for me to drive to in the winter, heh.
If I recall, this machine played a short song when the power button was pressed, but nothing after that. I didn't have a VGA Adapter to to see if anything came up on a monitor.

I travel to Seattle and Portland and Central Oregon frequently, if you're in one of those directions I can meet up and give it to you.

mgtremaine

May 3, 2020
San Diego, Ca
www.stellarcore.net
We had a lot of Nekochan users in Seattle and Portland so certainly someone should be able to rescue it. ( I also suspect someone like Adrian Black, who is Portland, would take it in and pass it on after playing with it). So if no one active is in the area, I'll try to dig up a home for it. (I'm SoCal so that a nope from me.)

-Mike

Elf

Storybook / Retired, ex-staff
Feb 4, 2019
Mountain West (US)
If you end up not being able to hand it off to someone else directly, I am in the Portland metro area, drive through Boise occasionally, and can box/test/ship it for others.

Reactions: mgtremaine

praetor

Apr 26, 2019
I would love this. My indy just died and it make me sad :( I can pay for shipping.

fraserN64

Aug 20, 2019
sites.google.com
Thought I’d update: with a 13W3 cable and SoG monitor, I was happy to see this error displayed.

72CA70CA-4BA8-427B-A75D-BBC054C22831.jpeg

I didn’t have any single sticks of RAM that would match, so I replaced all 6 sticks with a matched set of 4 and got a ‘hinv’
F638E2AF-720B-40AF-92E4-C35DE0B5BB68.jpeg

I’ll be installing IRIX soon.
Just wanted to share that a nice error message was displayed and that this Indy didn’t go to a recycler.

Reactions: Elf and Alex_Octane

About us

• Silicon Graphics User Group (SGUG) is a community for users, developers, and admirers of Silicon Graphics (SGI) products. We aim to be a friendly hobbyist community for discussing all aspects of SGIs, including use, software development, the IRIX Operating System, and troubleshooting, as well as facilitating hardware exchange.

User Menu