Four machines for sale

Jade Nekotenshi

Jun 3, 2021
I have four machines - three Suns and a Mac - for sale, plus associated bits and bobs. They are -

Sun Blade 1000, 2x700MHz US-III, 8GB, XVR-1200 graphics, 2x300GB disks, Intel 1000Base-T NIC, DVD, Solaris 10. Works, missing the removable front bezel for the optical and floppy drive.

Sun Ultra 2, 2x400MHz US-II, 2GB, Creator3D Series 3 graphics + TGX graphics, 2x73GB disks, 1000Base-SX SBus ethernet card, fast ethernet + SCSI SBus card, Solaris 10, CD-RW, works. Has significant cosmetic damage to the top cover but the chassis is completely intact.

Sun Blade 100, 500MHz US-IIe, 512MB, XVR-100 graphics, 40GB disk, no OS, CD-ROM, works.

HP 715/80, HCRX graphics, SCSI disk, unknown amount of RAM (I think it's 32MB but I'm not 100% sure). Untested - no kb/mouse, HIL only.

Power Mac G5, single 1.8GHz CPU, Radeon 9600 graphics, 256GB SATA SSD (IIRC, I'll double-check that), there's a half-working installation of FreeBSD on it but you'll probably want to nuke and pave.

As for bits and bobs, I've got a Sun Creator3D (UPA, vertical) graphics card plus a Blade 1000 chassis with a busted motherboard but working PSU, a few SCSI CD and DVD drives, and an Sbus gigabit ethernet card.

I'll entertain most reasonable offers on these - I no longer have the space or time to devote to the hobby and would like to get this hardware out to people who might have a use for it. Unfortunately shipping is ungodly expensive lately - if you're anywhere near Denver, CO (even as far off as Colorado Springs or Cheyenne, WY), local pickup or hand-delivery can be arranged.

EDIT - the HP just sold through another channel, after not a nibble for weeks. Go figure!

EDIT - DUH, it's a vertical Creator3D (for U10/30/60/80/B1k/2k) that I have, not the horizontal one for the U1C/U2. Well, not counting the one installed in the U2.

EDIT - Sold the B100 and the U2. No movement on the G5 or B1k.

Last edited:

Elf

Storybook / Retired, ex-staff
Feb 4, 2019
Mountain West (US)
I wouldn't call it just yet, but if that Sun Blade 1000 hasn't sold in a few months I might be interested in a pickup in Cheyenne. I am in the area occasionally :)

Jade Nekotenshi

Jun 3, 2021
I wouldn't call it just yet, but if that Sun Blade 1000 hasn't sold in a few months I might be interested in a pickup in Cheyenne. I am in the area occasionally :)
I'll keep an eye out; nobody's biting yet probably due to kookoo-crazy bananapants shipping prices just now.

Reactions: Elf

About us

• Silicon Graphics User Group (SGUG) is a community for users, developers, and admirers of Silicon Graphics (SGI) products. We aim to be a friendly hobbyist community for discussing all aspects of SGIs, including use, software development, the IRIX Operating System, and troubleshooting, as well as facilitating hardware exchange.

User Menu