For Sale: SGI Octane2 400MHz IP30 with V10 Graphics. (SOLD)

Ka0s21

Apr 17, 2023
Nunspeet Netherlands
Hi There,

Because I'm moving to Italy a have to let go of my cherished SGI collection.
So the first thing I'm selling is one of 2 Octane2's with V10 Graphics and 1,5 GB RAM.
This workstation (as is all of my collection) is in 100% working and dust free.
Skin is almost in mint condition, I was the second owner after having bought it from a Graphics design company.
It comes with an original SGI Keyboard and mouse and the original SGI Owner's Guide and 3 SCSI Drives.

I will ship to the European Union and it will be very wrapped and packaged.

The Price is € 1500,- excluding shipping.

IMG_6345.JPG
IMG_6353.JPG

Attachments

Last edited:

isoriano

Nov 10, 2021
Sundern (Sauerland)/NRW/Germany
Hi,

just a question is a local pick up possible? Just three hours drive from me. And why do you mention Octane2 400 MHz, System Manager shows something like dual 300 MHz with IMPACTSR .. so which machine are you selling for which price?

I bought my last Octane 400 MHz for 200 EUR, I would be willing to pay 300 EUR if it is a V10 Octane 2 with V10 graphics and 1.5 GB RAM.

Cheers

Iggi

Ka0s21

Apr 17, 2023
Nunspeet Netherlands
Hi Iggi,

Ah, yes, I mixed up some foto's of my other SGI systems. (See update)
But alas, I could not agree with €300,- since my price is € 1500,-

Cheers,
Bob

Last edited:

weblacky

Jan 13, 2020
Seattle, WA
Hi Iggi,

Yes, I sold the system for € 1850,- to a company in Taiwan.

Cheers, Bob
Okay,
Now I'm super curious. What's a company doing buying a 20+ year old SGI workstation?

You sometimes hear about stuff like that and you got a wonder why. Sometimes the later model SGI's were paired with things like SMD chip pickers or primitive Computer vision appliances. But an Octane? Outside of limited medical imaging applications. I've never heard of someone using one for equipment that's not considered antiquated.

Did they tell you why they wanted it? Did they just say "to salvage data" or are they actually using it to run their business?

About us

• Silicon Graphics User Group (SGUG) is a community for users, developers, and admirers of Silicon Graphics (SGI) products. We aim to be a friendly hobbyist community for discussing all aspects of SGIs, including use, software development, the IRIX Operating System, and troubleshooting, as well as facilitating hardware exchange.

User Menu