For Sale: SGI Octane 2 with v12 graphics card (what is a fair price for it?)

elbuensaul

Jan 31, 2024
Mexico
twitter.com
Hi! New member here, hope this is allowed to be posted.

I have this SGI O2/ Octane 2 which got before the post production compony I was closed down due to bankrupcy about 4 years ago. Got paid with equipment and stuff but now I was wondering about this workstation. It powers on (powered it on without anykeyboard, mouse or monitor pluged) and seems in pretty good shape. Also have a DMediaPro module with it.

Researching a litte bit in a facebook group and reddit, I was told to check which graphics card had, so seems that it has v12 one, (part number 030-1611-001)
Also has lots of ram but can't tell exactly how much because I don't have a 13W3 to VGA adapter to actually test it...

I want to sell it, even though I'm from Mexico, I'm use to send big items like CRTs so packaging won't be an issue, after all, it weights a lot, maybe around 50 lbs.!!

So please, if anybody can help me I will truly appreciate it!!

Attachments

• Love
Reactions: flexion

lohmos

Oct 19, 2022
Germany Trier
This is a machine you can use for Discreet Software like Flame or Smoke.
Did they gave you the cables for using the Dmedia Pro (LDVS Cables), those are hard to find.

Worth to get a 13W3 to Vga Adapter to checkout if the software ist still installed.

Reactions: elbuensaul

miltoncsl

Mar 21, 2024
Hi,

Do you already sold your computer? What is price that you want?

Last edited:

7spirals

Sep 7, 2022
That machine is in exceptionally good condition. It looks to have low real usage hours. My guess is that if you bid it out on Ebay with the Dmedia, showing hinv output, and with the cables it needs you'd get between $800 and $1200 on Ebay. However, that's just a swag.

About us

• Silicon Graphics User Group (SGUG) is a community for users, developers, and admirers of Silicon Graphics (SGI) products. We aim to be a friendly hobbyist community for discussing all aspects of SGIs, including use, software development, the IRIX Operating System, and troubleshooting, as well as facilitating hardware exchange.

User Menu