For Sale: Misc Unix machines/peripherals

Roostie02

Aug 26, 2020
Decided its time to get rid of a few things. I will not be shipping the bigger stuff as it is too much of a hassle and things always seem to be damaged in shipping. Prices are negotiable. I am located in southern Michigan if you want to pick one of these up. Pictures available upon request

SGI Altix 350:
It has two Itanium2 processors, 4GB of RAM, and an IO9 board. I will include a 36GB SCSI hard drive with SLES installed on it. The machine works perfectly fine, but the display on the front has a few lines of bad pixels. I'm asking $350 for this machine.

Sun Java Workstation W2100z:
Dual AMD opteron 250 CPUs with 8gb of RAM and an Nvidia quadro FX500 GPU. This machine has intermittent issues where the OS will lock up or the second CPU doesn't get detected. I have swapped CPUs and RAM but I still get this issue. I will include the spare opteron 250s with this if you'd like. The case is badly scratched in many places and the front cover appears to have been repainted at some point. I can also install Windows XP with the Sun provided drivers, Linux, or Solaris on this for you. Even willing to throw in a boxed copy of SLES9. I'm asking $250 for this.

Apple PowerMac G4 400MHz:
1GB RAM, ATI Rage 128 AGP, MacOS 9.2.1 installed. Asking $75

Macintosh SE:
Has been upgraded to an FDHD. 4MB RAM, system 7.5 on a 40MB disk. No keyboard+mouse. Asking $75

I will be posting an HP RX2620 on here soon, but at the moment I do not have it setup to check what it's specs are. I do recall that the DVD drive does not work.

Misc. Windows 9x/XP era MSDN software:
I have two Microsoft branded boxes with it. Asking $20 for both.

Sun Optical mice:
I am willing to ship these. I have multiple type 4 Optical mice. Asking $10 each

Optical mouse plates:
I have several fine and coarse pitch Optical mouse plates. I only have a few that are Sun branded. I will ship these and I am asking $15 each

2.5" Laptop IDE disks:
I only have four of these. 3 are 6.5GB and one is 6GB. I unfortunately have no way to test these but I will send them for the cost of shipping.

AUI transcievers:
I have a ton of these and I will ship them. I have some that are HP branded, the rest are all CentreCOM. $5 each

Sun branded 50 pin scsi terminators:
$5 each, I will ship them

Homemade DIN8 -> DB25 Sun null modem cables:
I will send these for the cost of shipping.

Sun printer cables:
I'm not sure how many people have a printer that SunOS/Solaris actually supports, but I have the cables to do it. One end is the High Density parallel port connector on newer SPARCStations, and the other end is a normal printer parallel port. I will send these for the cost of shipping.

Sun 13W3 extension:
I have one of these. This is NOT a male to male 13W3 cable, it is a male -> female cable. Asking $15 for this

Sun smart cards:
I will just send these out for the cost of shipping. I unfortunately do not have a way to verify their functionality at this time as my Sun Blade 2500 seems to have died. I only have a few dozen of these.

Sun SPARCStation 4/5/20 hard drive caddies:
Asking $10 each. The plastic catches are intact on all of them. These fit perfectly in a small USPS box.

Altix 450 IO9 carrier:
I'll send it for the cost of shipping. It came with the IO9 I use in my Altix350

Sun DB50 SCSI terminators:
I have two of these. These are the sort of terminators that would have been used with earlier Sun 68k hardware/external drive enclosures. $5 each

Sun 411 external drive enclosure:
Hard drive enclosure with HD50 SCSI connections. Case is in okay shape, bottom plastics are beginning to crack. Asking $50, I can ship this

Random IDE CDROM/DVD drives:
Asking $5 each, I can ship these.

Sun DIN8 keyboard extensions:
Asking $15 each, I only have a few of these.

Sun XVR100:
I have two. $35 each, I will ship these in antistatic bags.

Sun XVR600:
I only have one for sale. $40, I will ship this in an antistatic bag

Nortel Networks Micro Annex XL AXM-D-8-S-173:
I have the original packaging for this, but I lack the proper cables that went with it. It does not appear to work properly either. It gets to the CLI but I am not able to enter any commands through any serial terminal, and I have been able to confirm that I'm using the correct settings. If you have a use for this, I will send it for the price of shipping.

Sun Microphone:
I have 3 of these brand new in box. They just have a 3.5mm headphone jack on the ends. Just cover shipping for these.

SGI Indigo2 feet (Teal):
$40. In good condition

I will probably continue to add to this list. Happy to answer any questions or check things for you. I accept Venmo and PayPal

Last edited:

About us

• Silicon Graphics User Group (SGUG) is a community for users, developers, and admirers of Silicon Graphics (SGI) products. We aim to be a friendly hobbyist community for discussing all aspects of SGIs, including use, software development, the IRIX Operating System, and troubleshooting, as well as facilitating hardware exchange.

User Menu