For Sale: (Low-End) Indigo 2 for Parts

fraserN64

Aug 20, 2019
sites.google.com
DE-LISTING Until I can validate if these parts work. Thank you for your patience.

I bought this Indigo2 as a non-booting basket case. I've since decided that Indigo2 isn't the right machine for me.
In addition I just disassembled it and the CPU is an R4K @ 100 MHz.
So it's not worth shipping as a whole unit. I've never tried to boot this unit, so all parts are "As-Is".
There are also additional parts that I've acquired with the intention to upgrade it, also listed below.

The following parts are available: ask for photos if you are interested.

CPU: R4K @ 100 MHz
RAM: 8 qty 8 MB total 64 MB
SolidIMPACT graphics board: SGI PN 030-0785-004
Extreme Graphics: 030-8105-00 (3 board set)
Tape Drive: HP 35480-00100 3.5" (no tapes)
Motherboard: 030-8225-008 (Very nice condition, this would be the replacement board)
CD-ROM: Black uses Caddy, probably 1x or 2x, 5.25"
PSU for R4K/R10K Indigo2 (IMPACT-type, SGI PN 060-0021-001)
PSU for R4K Indigo2 (no part number shown)
5.25" Drive Sled "Receiver" (2 qty: 1 nice, 1 not so nice)
EISA backplane (non-IMPACT) (2 qty: 1 nice, 1 not so nice)
Nice Backplane for Keyboard, Mouse, Serial & Parallel
FLAT SCSI cables (copper look) (2 qty)
It's fully assembled so all of the misc internal parts and pieces are available.

All plastics are Teal, most are OK with small random chips/breaks, ask for photos.
Teal Drive Sleds: 2 @ 3.5",
Metal Drive Sled: 1 @ 3.5" 1 @ 5.25" Sold
Feet: 2 Feet to hold the computer vertically
Front Panel: 2 qty,
1 with working hinge
1 stays in place if handled carefully
1 3.5" Black blanking plate
1 5.25" Black blanking plate
1 Case Top
1 Case Bottom

All fair offers will be considered.
Please calculate shipping separately.
I prefer Discord DM's, but DM's in the forum here should be fine as well.
fraser

Last edited:
Reactions: Elf

jasmb570

Apr 8, 2020
Do you still have any of this stuff?
I am looking for bits to do photos like the ones attached. I am a photographer and doing a personal project. So I don't care if they work or not. After an Indigo motherboard, CPU, Backplane and a set of graphics boards.

Any help appreciated.

Cheers,
Jason Berge.

www.shoot.co.nz

Attachments

fraserN64

Aug 20, 2019
sites.google.com
The list is current, just crossed off the Extreme Graphics.
These items have been listed for 6 months at this point, with only 2 pieces sold. I think there will be a lot more interest if I can create a booting system.
It might take me a while to build, troubleshoot and verify everything :( I'm not very familiar with the Indigo2.

roach-commuter

Mar 20, 2021
The list is current, just crossed off the Extreme Graphics.
These items have been listed for 6 months at this point, with only 2 pieces sold. I think there will be a lot more interest if I can create a booting system.
It might take me a while to build, troubleshoot and verify everything :( I'm not very familiar with the Indigo2.
I sent you a PM, please check!

About us

• Silicon Graphics User Group (SGUG) is a community for users, developers, and admirers of Silicon Graphics (SGI) products. We aim to be a friendly hobbyist community for discussing all aspects of SGIs, including use, software development, the IRIX Operating System, and troubleshooting, as well as facilitating hardware exchange.

User Menu