For Sale: Lian Li PC-D8000 Full ATX Case | 20x 3.5 slots | 6x 5.25 slots | Maxed out | In Europe

doc

Jun 23, 2022
Howdy,

For sale is Lian Li PC-D8000 Full ATX Case for 20x 3.5 spinning disks.

Information about the product can be seen at e.g.:

I've had it for about 10 years. It was in use during the first year, after which I reorganized the office and it went into storage.

The case originally comes empty -- this one is maxed out because I installed all the HD backplanes (to actually be able to connect 20 disks) and also installed 9 Noctuas together with 2 Thermaltake fan controllers (can control up to 12 fans).

It comes with the original/complete set of accessories (screws, rubber pads, brackets, etc.). (I forgot to take a picture of those.)

This case has an owners group at https://www.overclock.net/threads/official-lian-li-pc-d8000-owners-club.1326857 .

On a side note, there is a mainboard installed in the case, as visible in the pictures. It is a dual-CPU ASUS Z8NR-D12 server mainboard with 1 CPU and memory installed. It is probably not of importance, but if someone wants it I can leave it in the case. It comes with 18 sata ports (6 on board, 8 via SAS/SATA expansion board, and 4 via some PCI card.)

Selling since I have no use for it at the moment. Would prefer personal delivery; you can come over pick it up or I could meet you half-way in Germany, Austria, or similar.

Attachments

7spirals

Sep 7, 2022
Huh, that's like a PC version of a Sun E450. I bet it's still lighter than an E450. ;)

CRaven

Sep 25, 2022
Incredible how the design looked great back then. Can't stand the rgb led thing on modern computers. I like a design that look good after the apocalypse.

About us

• Silicon Graphics User Group (SGUG) is a community for users, developers, and admirers of Silicon Graphics (SGI) products. We aim to be a friendly hobbyist community for discussing all aspects of SGIs, including use, software development, the IRIX Operating System, and troubleshooting, as well as facilitating hardware exchange.

User Menu