SOLD: 2x Working Altix 350s, 1x Non-Working Altix 350

kaigan

Jul 1, 2019
The servers have sold! Thank you very much!

Price for working A350s: $120 each, plus shipping.

Price for non-working A350: $60 plus shipping.
I can take cash, PayPal, CashApp, or Venmo payments.

I am located in Philadelphia, PA. If you're in the area, I'm happy to meet you somewhere close-ish (ideally no more than a 1-hour drive) to hand off the hardware.

Shipping on these will be expensive. Expect $100+ in the US and even more internationally.

Pictures are available here:
http://siliconimage.irixnet.org/index.php/User-Albums/Kaigan/Altix-350s-for-Sale

This sale is cross-posted on the IRIX Network and interest priority will be handled in order of the earliest responders across both sites. I'll keep both posts updated accordingly.

I'm finally ready to sell my remaining extra Altix 350 systems. Two of the systems are working and boot to EFI, and include:

• Node board with 2x 1.5 GHz Intel Itanium processors and 4 GB of RAM
  • SCSI disk backplane, with SCSI cable
  • PCI riser
  • 1x disk sled (no disks, as I don't have spares)
  • CD-ROM drive, with IDE cable
  • 1x power supply
They do not include an IO9/IO10, or any other PCI cards.

The third system does not currently work, but I've confirmed that it will boot to EFI with a replacement node board. I don't have any spares on hand, though.

The third system includes:

• Non-functional node board with 2x 1.5 GHz Intel Itanium processors
  • SCSI disk backplane
  • PCI riser
  • 1x power supply
This system does not include an IO9/IO10, SCSI/IDE cables, a CD-ROM drive, disk sleds, or any other PCI cards.

As a note, if you want to make these things bootable and usable without an IO9/IO10, look for a QLogic QLA12160 SCSI controller and a Broadcom BCM5704 for Ethernet.

Last edited:
Reactions: Elf

kaigan

Jul 1, 2019
darkhelmet has expressed interest in one of the working A350s via the SGUG Discord and I'm working with him to determine shipping costs.

nevyn

May 4, 2021
Hey there, I could potentially be interested if the other items are still available?

About us

• Silicon Graphics User Group (SGUG) is a community for users, developers, and admirers of Silicon Graphics (SGI) products. We aim to be a friendly hobbyist community for discussing all aspects of SGIs, including use, software development, the IRIX Operating System, and troubleshooting, as well as facilitating hardware exchange.

User Menu