Fonts? Fonts! (for sgi X11)

jenna64bit

Administrator
Apr 18, 2020
So far I've always stuck with the built-in fonts on my Irix boxes. There are some pretty "banging" fonts in there. Right my fellow kids?

Anyway, if I wanted to add more scalable or bitmapped fonts, that looks straight forward enough. What I'm really interested in is what, if anything, other folks like to use? It has been a long time since I've looked into fonts not intended for anti-aliasing on a 1080p screen or scaling on a 4K+ theme. Any old favorites or new finds?

stormy

Jun 23, 2019
I guess there aren't many graphic designers here :) But for me 'nice to have' fonts would be all of the typical open source fonts Linux distros ship with these days. But I have a feeling they might be in RSE already.

indigofan

Jun 8, 2020
I was just trying to load more, interesting how system vs. app fonts are treated.... Love some Data 70 for the retro feel.

About us

• Silicon Graphics User Group (SGUG) is a community for users, developers, and admirers of Silicon Graphics (SGI) products. We aim to be a friendly hobbyist community for discussing all aspects of SGIs, including use, software development, the IRIX Operating System, and troubleshooting, as well as facilitating hardware exchange.

User Menu