ENDED

jcoonsman

Sep 22, 2020
I have a Sun Ultra 5 and Sparcstation 5, and i would like to trade both or one for a SGI. Im looking for something like a decent Octane or maybe a Indigo2, but all offers will be considered. PM me for pics. Tell me what you got. Specs below:
Ultra 5
Good Condition (Minimal Yellowing)
2 SCSI Controller PCI cards
4GB HDD
Ultrasparc iii 270
256mb RAM

Sparcstation 5
Good Condition, Minimal yellowing or scuffs, Little broken plastic.
256mb ram
LSI framebuffer card
CD rom drive (belt broken but really only flaw)
2GB HDD
Processor unclear, most likely a Turbosparc 110 because of the fan but do not have a 13w3 adaptor
Powered up last time i used it, bought it working
In the Memphis shelby county area but shipping it is an option.

Last edited:

Elf

Storybook / Retired, ex-staff
Feb 4, 2019
Mountain West (US)
Welcome to the user group! :)

Just note that SGI machines are somewhat rare these days; while Ultra 5s are fun, speaking purely monetarily they will likely be a fraction of the comparative eBay cost of any SGI machine. That said, good luck with your search!

jcoonsman

Sep 22, 2020
Welcome to the user group! :)

Just note that SGI machines are somewhat rare these days; while Ultra 5s are fun, speaking purely monetarily they will likely be a fraction of the comparative eBay cost of any SGI machine. That said, good luck with your search!
Thanks for the tip! Added a more financially enticing offer.

Reactions: Elf

About us

• Silicon Graphics User Group (SGUG) is a community for users, developers, and admirers of Silicon Graphics (SGI) products. We aim to be a friendly hobbyist community for discussing all aspects of SGIs, including use, software development, the IRIX Operating System, and troubleshooting, as well as facilitating hardware exchange.

User Menu