Feb 8, 2019
Philly
twitter.com
Last edited:
Reactions: foetz and Elf

Raion

Jun 21, 2019
Virginia
dillo was already ported in nekoware. Is just a reporting of that version or did Erno add any specific changes or opts?

Raion

Jun 21, 2019
Virginia
That doesn't answer my question. What changes were made? Otherwise, it's a bit of a leap to call this a new port or new browser:

Diegel ported it in 2015. It's been in nekoware for 4 years. Nekoware may be dead, but it's misleading how this is worded. It's not like it hasn't been available - or like it's had any updates in near half-decade.

onre

SYS 64738
Feb 8, 2019
Toijala, Finland
The browser itself didn't need almost anything - just one change of setenv to putenv. FLTK compiled out of box with modern libjpeg and libpng. Mbedtls itself compiled fine, the test suite needed fixing to run successfully.

I've entered this hobby late enough to not know anything about what Neko folks may or may not have done.

stormy

Jun 23, 2019
A few questions:

• I can only open the binary from the terminal, when trying to 'double click' it in the GUI I get error: Could not find a file typing rule to perform the requested action
  • The suggestion of copying the cert file from /opt/local/etc - I don't have an opt/local/etc and therefore no cert file. Could someone upload it please?
  • Is the default installation directory structure required to stay the same, ie; I have to have it inside opt/local/dillo etc or even suggested to stay like this

Any thoughts? thx

onre

SYS 64738
Feb 8, 2019
Toijala, Finland
The cert file is from curl folks, check out the cacert.pem link here:

Regarding the GUI, I have no idea.

The stuff needs to be in these locations, otherwise things will not work. A lot of Unix software needs to have the directory structure decided on compile-time and it can't be changed later. This being just a "look, it works" style snapshot, the directory structure is what it is.

Knezzen

Jun 24, 2019
Sweden
www.macintoshgarden.org
It should be double clickable if you drag the binary to your icon catalogue. That at least was all I did to make it work without needing to start it from the terminal. I also (afterwards) gave the file a “tag” if that had anything to do with it. See “man tag” for what it is and does :)

stormy

Jun 23, 2019
It should be double clickable if you drag the binary to your icon catalogue. That at least was all I did to make it work without needing to start it from the terminal. I also (afterwards) gave the file a “tag” if that had anything to do with it. See “man tag” for what it is and does :)
NoodlesMcpastaman found that tagging with -o fixed the problem. I know you mentioned tag but I didn't know what to tag it as :)

Reactions: Elf

About us

• Silicon Graphics User Group (SGUG) is a community for users, developers, and admirers of Silicon Graphics (SGI) products. We aim to be a friendly hobbyist community for discussing all aspects of SGIs, including use, software development, the IRIX Operating System, and troubleshooting, as well as facilitating hardware exchange.

User Menu