DEC Hardware Thread

Irinikus

Dec 16, 2019
South Africa
www.youtube.com
Here's an example of the geometry accelerator add-on card for one of these things:

I'll have to get a search started!

EDIT

I may have just found one!!!

And I just bought it!

Last edited:

Irinikus

Dec 16, 2019
South Africa
www.youtube.com
Indeed!

It's a pretty cool looking card!

I just need to determine if it's safe to link it to the 4D60 that Ive bought, as the 4D60's meant to be linked to a Lynx III, which is considerably less powerful. (The vertex bus interface is the same though.)

Last edited:

jenna64bit

Administrator
Apr 18, 2020
Interesting. Is this like SGI systems where the TRAM is completely separate from the framebuffer? Or, is it able to handle something like 32mb of textures?

Irinikus

Dec 16, 2019
South Africa
www.youtube.com
The graphics card has arrived and I've slotted it into my AlphaStation:

Here are some pics of the card:

This is the graphics card upgrade path that the machine has been through:

I'm currently installing Windows 2000 on the machine, with the hope of getting proper drivers for the card installed!

Last edited:

Irinikus

Dec 16, 2019
South Africa
www.youtube.com
Does anyone know what driver to use for a realizm card in Windows NT4 or 2000 on an Alphastation?

jammaster got his to work, but he seems to be missing in action!

Any help would be much appreciated!

The 3dlabs drivers aren't working! (Aren't installing!)

Last edited:

ItsVince725

Jan 1, 2020
I just acquired a Compaq AlphaStation DS10 today and I'm curious about this weird RAM it has. How would I go about shopping for more, i.e. what should I search for to find it?

Attachments

LarBob

Administrator
Feb 8, 2019
I just acquired a Compaq AlphaStation DS10 today and I'm curious about this weird RAM it has. How would I go about shopping for more, i.e. what should I search for to find it?

These worked fine in my DS10L.

ItsVince725

Jan 1, 2020

These worked fine in my DS10L.
Thanks, that looks like exactly the RAM I need. Not cheap but not as expensive as it could be, with how sellers on eBay price Alpha stuff you'd think it was ultra limited production hardware and not commodity workstation/server stuff...

Reactions: LarBob

foleyrya

Sep 28, 2021
I own a DEC Venturis FX 5120 a late intel based desktop running windows 3.11 in its first life it was used to control a centrifuge or some kind of Lab equipment. I also own a Digital DE210 MCA ethernet adapter and a 5.25 inch SCSI HDD of unknown size. I own many other pieces of digital memorabilia including internal documents I have collected myself and some that I've gotten from my grandfather who worked for digital from 1978 through the Compaq years until HP bought Compaq which he left shortly after.

asw.png

Reactions: Elf

About us

• Silicon Graphics User Group (SGUG) is a community for users, developers, and admirers of Silicon Graphics (SGI) products. We aim to be a friendly hobbyist community for discussing all aspects of SGIs, including use, software development, the IRIX Operating System, and troubleshooting, as well as facilitating hardware exchange.

User Menu