Dead parts wanted for photos

jasmb570

Apr 8, 2020
Hi everyone.

I have an unusual request.

I am doing a series of photo projects based around electronics.

I have done one series photographing "tubes or valves" depending on where you went to school. :)"http://www.shoot.co.nz/Tubes/index.html"

I want to do a second one on CPUs and or bare silicon, and have found a good source of those on eBay.

The third series I want to do is vintage/interesting motherboards and or computer cards, which brings me to the point of my post.

I would greatly appreciate if people could look in their stashes, and see if they have any motherboards they would be willing to part with. They don't have to work at all, just look tidy and be pretty much intact.

I have an O2 mb and an Octane as well. Would be keen on an Indigo2, Indy, Fuel, Origin and Onyx, basically all the mips machines.

Remember, I don't care if they are dead, I am interested in "pretty"

Thanks in advance,
Jason.

Reactions: Elf

Elf

Storybook / Retired, ex-staff
Feb 4, 2019
Mountain West (US)
Hi Jason,
Sorry you haven't gotten much of a welcome, but I just wanted to say hi :)

I apologize, at the moment I don't have any spare motherboards I can let go of, but I do have some damaged ones I use for tracing things back and it's possible I might let those go at some point.

I took a look at your gallery of tubes and just wanted to say the photography is excellent (as well as many of the other galleries there)! I've been a photographer as a hobby since high school, doing a lot of darkroom and film work (which I still prefer), but I think you easily have me beat :)

I certainly look forward to any future SGI photos!

jasmb570

Apr 8, 2020
No worries,

I have had a few responses from elsewhere, making arrangements to "borrow" stuff and then return it when I am done.

Thanks for the kind words re the photography. It is my job, so I've had a bit of practice.;)

Cheers,
Jason.

dihhuit

May 16, 2020
I have some bad-ish Octane boards. Just sent you a PM with some details. They were about to go to the electronics recycler, so I'm glad I saw this thread!

About us

• Silicon Graphics User Group (SGUG) is a community for users, developers, and admirers of Silicon Graphics (SGI) products. We aim to be a friendly hobbyist community for discussing all aspects of SGIs, including use, software development, the IRIX Operating System, and troubleshooting, as well as facilitating hardware exchange.

User Menu