Citrix ICA client for IRIX

7spirals

Sep 7, 2022
Does anyone have the install kit or binaries for the IRIX ICA client? I'm using mostly 6.5 machines but I will take whatever anyone can dig up. I'm not able to actually find it anymore online. I've never had it. I'm wanting to experiment to see what the newest version of Citrix WinFrame/MetaFrame/RemoteApp/XenApp/WhateverTheHell will work with the IRIX client. I figure the ICA protocol will break at some point as I get newer and newer, but I'm going to try and push it as far as possible.

Reactions: Elf

7spirals

Sep 7, 2022
The IRIX Citrix client works great! I had no trouble using it with the old Citrix Winframe. I think it will also work with newer XenApp servers, but trying to find a crack or a way to do it on a small scale is pretty tough. I was hoping to be able to run a modern browser via Citrix. If anyone knows a good combination of Windows + Citrix that a hobbyist can make work, I'd be interested. As it is, I'll probably go setup some kind of Web Rendering Proxy or Browser Service so that I can just use good old Netscape to browse from the SGI. I haven't given up on Citrix, but the massive DRM and licensing challenge is daunting me.

Reactions: Elf

gijoe77

Feb 18, 2019
do you have the old Citirx winframe or whatever software? I actually never used citrix so I am interested in using it at any capacity...

About us

• Silicon Graphics User Group (SGUG) is a community for users, developers, and admirers of Silicon Graphics (SGI) products. We aim to be a friendly hobbyist community for discussing all aspects of SGIs, including use, software development, the IRIX Operating System, and troubleshooting, as well as facilitating hardware exchange.

User Menu