cdromsbrands that youve had success with in the o2? replacement lasers?

siliboi

Jan 4, 2021
Halifax Nova Scotia Canada
obviously toshiba sd m1401 what are other brands youve had success with Ive also wondered if theres anywhere to get replacement lasers its not hard to do but obviously they might be out of production for all drives ever find a source?

siliboi

Jan 4, 2021
Halifax Nova Scotia Canada
See the CD-ROM and other optical media section in this old post. Parts and whole units can still be had from ebay sellers pulling apart old servers. I bought two SD m1401 drives 3 years ago for £20.

wonder what the deal is all brands are 60+ usually 100$up I tried finding just dvd diodes as im good with micro soldering too not much luck with that yet tho

Jacques

Dec 21, 2019
Somerset, United Kingdom
wonder what the deal is all brands are 60+ usually 100$up I tried finding just dvd diodes as im good with micro soldering too not much luck with that yet tho
I always look for vendors selling more than one unit (mass pulls) and start by offering 50% of the asking price. They usually accept as they want to clear old stock. Or offer to take two for the price of one.

About us

• Silicon Graphics User Group (SGUG) is a community for users, developers, and admirers of Silicon Graphics (SGI) products. We aim to be a friendly hobbyist community for discussing all aspects of SGIs, including use, software development, the IRIX Operating System, and troubleshooting, as well as facilitating hardware exchange.

User Menu