Catia V4

Irinikus

Dec 16, 2019
South Africa
www.youtube.com
A really big thanks goes to @gijoe77 for helping me get Catia V4 up and running on my little O2!!! :cool:

Like with Pro Engineer, this will take some time to get my head around, as I'm more used to working with polygons than parametric software such as this!

All I've managed to accomplish so far, is to load this demo model of a jet engine turbine blade:

Reactions: flexion and kikems

Irinikus

Dec 16, 2019
South Africa
www.youtube.com
It's not exactly straight forward, but doable.

It takes a bit to get it up and running after each reboot, hence I've setup a few scripts to help streamline this process.

@gijoe77 would be the absolute best person to help you to get this setup on your machine, as he has the necessary file resources available in places where you'll be able to access them.

Last edited:

Irinikus

Dec 16, 2019
South Africa
www.youtube.com
Here's my first ever attempt at Catia V4:

I followed the following tut on YouTube to do this: (it's not in English, so I had to use my imagination!!!)

There seem to be many tut's covering V5, but not many covering V4 at all!

Last edited:
Reactions: Silicon Classics

Irinikus

Dec 16, 2019
South Africa
www.youtube.com
I now also have Catia V4 installed on my Octane2: (Thanks again to @gijoe77 for the help!)

It would have been allot easier if I had read the updated version of his installation notes, as the installation onto this machine was not as straightforward as it was on the O2, requiring all of the stops to be pulled out!

The interface reminds me a little of AutoCAD for DOS, which isn't a surprise considering this release is circa 1993. I'd imagine that it runs pretty well on an O2?
That it does! :)

Last edited:

About us

• Silicon Graphics User Group (SGUG) is a community for users, developers, and admirers of Silicon Graphics (SGI) products. We aim to be a friendly hobbyist community for discussing all aspects of SGIs, including use, software development, the IRIX Operating System, and troubleshooting, as well as facilitating hardware exchange.

User Menu