Buy SGI Prism

dancingfools

Jan 8, 2020
Ciao a tutti, sto cercando la versione deskside di SGI Prism come collezione personale.
Grazie
Radames

dancingfools

Jan 8, 2020
[QUOTE = "Geoman, post: 616, membro: 141"]
Sfortunatamente non ho mai visto alcun prisma in natura.
[/CITAZIONE]

In fact it is very difficult to find any. Above all, I think because SGI was already in bankruptcy at that time and therefore it will certainly have sold very few.

opcode

Apr 14, 2020
I have one. I played with it for a while headless back in 2012. I have since found all of the propack and Linux OS software for it. I bought a second graphics card for it. Maybe I should put it together and try to get everything running and working. I have no idea what one of the desksides is even worth. I think it has two itanium CPUs and 4 or 8GB of ram in it.

CiaoTime

Public Enemy Number One
Jan 15, 2020
Vancouver, BC, Canada
I have one. I played with it for a while headless back in 2012. I have since found all of the propack and Linux OS software for it. I bought a second graphics card for it. Maybe I should put it together and try to get everything running and working. I have no idea what one of the desksides is even worth. I think it has two itanium CPUs and 4 or 8GB of ram in it.
Interesting! Please, do document it if you do: I'd managed to find a Prism in January of this year, but the system continually crashes when trying to install Linux on it from CD. Days of troubleshooting haven't gotten me anywhere: here's hoping you've got better luck!

dancingfools

Jan 8, 2020
Interesting! Please, do document it if you do: I'd managed to find a Prism in January of this year, but the system continually crashes when trying to install Linux on it from CD. Days of troubleshooting haven't gotten me anywhere: here's hoping you've got better luck!
Good morning, when you get tired let me know. I am looking for a non-functional Prism deskside collectible.
Thank you

About us

• Silicon Graphics User Group (SGUG) is a community for users, developers, and admirers of Silicon Graphics (SGI) products. We aim to be a friendly hobbyist community for discussing all aspects of SGIs, including use, software development, the IRIX Operating System, and troubleshooting, as well as facilitating hardware exchange.

User Menu