Building GFortran from gcc-9.2.0-4.sgug.src.rpm source rpm package.

kotomo

Oct 11, 2023
Greetings!

I have been interested in packaging gfortran for the SGUG-RSE Repo but hitting a roadblock involving the SPEC file, I believe. I am completely new to the RPM Build process, but learning fairly quickly.

So, in the SPEC file from the SGUG SRPM, I uncommented many of the lines relating to gfortran and libgfortran in the SPEC along with adding fortran as an enabled language to the configure options. I can complete a compile of gcc and gfortran in my rpmbuild tree and see that the binaries are there. However, it fails to package everything up into rpm's or fails to even start that process. This is the list of errors I hit where the whole build process stops.

Code:
RPM build errors:
    error reading build-id in /usr/people/kotomo/rpmbuild/BUILDROOT/gcc-9.2.0-4.sgug.mips/usr/sgug/bin/gcc: no error
    error reading build-id in /usr/people/kotomo/rpmbuild/BUILDROOT/gcc-9.2.0-4.sgug.mips/usr/sgug/bin/gcov: no error
    error reading build-id in /usr/people/kotomo/rpmbuild/BUILDROOT/gcc-9.2.0-4.sgug.mips/usr/sgug/bin/gcov-tool: no error
    error reading build-id in /usr/people/kotomo/rpmbuild/BUILDROOT/gcc-9.2.0-4.sgug.mips/usr/sgug/bin/gcov-dump: no error
    error reading build-id in /usr/people/kotomo/rpmbuild/BUILDROOT/gcc-9.2.0-4.sgug.mips/usr/sgug/bin/gcc-ar: no error
    error reading build-id in /usr/people/kotomo/rpmbuild/BUILDROOT/gcc-9.2.0-4.sgug.mips/usr/sgug/bin/gcc-nm: no error
    error reading build-id in /usr/people/kotomo/rpmbuild/BUILDROOT/gcc-9.2.0-4.sgug.mips/usr/sgug/bin/gcc-ranlib: no error
    error reading build-id in /usr/people/kotomo/rpmbuild/BUILDROOT/gcc-9.2.0-4.sgug.mips/usr/sgug/bin/mips-sgi-irix6.5-gcc: no error
    error reading build-id in /usr/people/kotomo/rpmbuild/BUILDROOT/gcc-9.2.0-4.sgug.mips/usr/sgug/bin/mips-sgi-irix6.5-gcc-9: no error
    error reading build-id in /usr/people/kotomo/rpmbuild/BUILDROOT/gcc-9.2.0-4.sgug.mips/usr/sgug/bin/mips-sgi-irix6.5-gcc-ar: no error
    error reading build-id in /usr/people/kotomo/rpmbuild/BUILDROOT/gcc-9.2.0-4.sgug.mips/usr/sgug/bin/mips-sgi-irix6.5-gcc-nm: no error
    error reading build-id in /usr/people/kotomo/rpmbuild/BUILDROOT/gcc-9.2.0-4.sgug.mips/usr/sgug/bin/mips-sgi-irix6.5-gcc-ranlib: no error
    error reading build-id in /usr/people/kotomo/rpmbuild/BUILDROOT/gcc-9.2.0-4.sgug.mips/usr/sgug/libexec/gcc/mips-sgi-irix6.5/9/lto1: no error
    error reading build-id in /usr/people/kotomo/rpmbuild/BUILDROOT/gcc-9.2.0-4.sgug.mips/usr/sgug/libexec/gcc/mips-sgi-irix6.5/9/lto-wrapper: no error
    error reading build-id in /usr/people/kotomo/rpmbuild/BUILDROOT/gcc-9.2.0-4.sgug.mips/usr/sgug/libexec/gcc/mips-sgi-irix6.5/9/liblto_plugin.so.0.0.0: no error
    error reading build-id in /usr/people/kotomo/rpmbuild/BUILDROOT/gcc-9.2.0-4.sgug.mips/usr/sgug/libexec/gcc/mips-sgi-irix6.5/9/install-tools/fixincl: no error
    error reading build-id in /usr/people/kotomo/rpmbuild/BUILDROOT/gcc-9.2.0-4.sgug.mips/usr/sgug/libexec/gcc/mips-sgi-irix6.5/9/collect2: no error
    absolute symlink: /usr/sgug/lib/gcc/mips-sgi-irix6.5/9/libgcc_s.so -> /usr/sgug/lib32/libgcc_s.so.1
    error reading build-id in /usr/people/kotomo/rpmbuild/BUILDROOT/gcc-9.2.0-4.sgug.mips/usr/sgug/lib32/libgcc_s-9-20190812.so.1: no error
    error reading build-id in /usr/people/kotomo/rpmbuild/BUILDROOT/gcc-9.2.0-4.sgug.mips/usr/sgug/bin/mips-sgi-irix6.5-c++: no error
    error reading build-id in /usr/people/kotomo/rpmbuild/BUILDROOT/gcc-9.2.0-4.sgug.mips/usr/sgug/bin/mips-sgi-irix6.5-g++: no error
    error reading build-id in /usr/people/kotomo/rpmbuild/BUILDROOT/gcc-9.2.0-4.sgug.mips/usr/sgug/bin/g++: no error
    error reading build-id in /usr/people/kotomo/rpmbuild/BUILDROOT/gcc-9.2.0-4.sgug.mips/usr/sgug/bin/c++: no error
    error reading build-id in /usr/people/kotomo/rpmbuild/BUILDROOT/gcc-9.2.0-4.sgug.mips/usr/sgug/libexec/gcc/mips-sgi-irix6.5/9/cc1plus: no error
    error reading build-id in /usr/people/kotomo/rpmbuild/BUILDROOT/gcc-9.2.0-4.sgug.mips/usr/sgug/lib32/libstdc++.so.6.0.27: no error
    File must begin with "/": %{_fmoddir}
I THINK my whole trouble is in dealing with the slash / for the %{_fmoddir} macro, but I am not sure if some other typo or commented line might actually be causing the trouble and throwing the error for %{_fmoddir}

The error's about reading build-id I am curious, but may not be my actual problem for why the build stops. I do not feel I am fully understanding that part.

I have been able to successfully compile what I believe to be a working binary of gfortran from GCC's source code for 9.2.0 outside of the of my rpmbuild tree. I can successfully compile fortran code and the resulting binaries function.

Let me know if I need to provide any more information regarding this problem.

Thank you for any assistance!

jenna64bit

Administrator
Apr 18, 2020
Hey there! Do you have a copy of your spec file so far? I’d like to poke at it and see where it goes.

About us

• Silicon Graphics User Group (SGUG) is a community for users, developers, and admirers of Silicon Graphics (SGI) products. We aim to be a friendly hobbyist community for discussing all aspects of SGIs, including use, software development, the IRIX Operating System, and troubleshooting, as well as facilitating hardware exchange.

User Menu