AlphaStation DS10: Driver for Cirrus Logic 5430/5440 on Windows?

Linux-RISC

Apr 2, 2022
Spain
www.youtube.com
I installed Windows 2000 RC 2 on my AlphaStation DS10.

The graphics card is a Cirrus Logic 5430/5440 and Windows doesn't include a driver for it.

The default resolution is 640x480x256 and I changed it to 800x600x256, but now a blue screen is shown on boot:

The system can be booted in safe mode, I have downloaded several drivers but no success.

Does anyone have the driver for this card?

Note: the unrecognized Ethernet controller is an additional Intel Ethernet card.

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

Irinikus

Dec 16, 2019
South Africa
www.youtube.com
Finally, the graphics card was faulty, thank you sgt_barnes for your advice.

Fortunely, I had a Matrox Millenium II on a shelf, and now it works like a charm:
View attachment 1875

The old card is quite large:
View attachment 1873

And the new one is compact:
View attachment 1874

Thanks also no TruHobbyist, according to this link http://moon.hanya-n.org/comp/alpha/hct/graphics.html the graphics card could also work on Tru64 Unix.
That card of yours appears to be a 4D50T, and there's no windows 2000 driver available for it!!! (Or windows 2000 for Alpha anyway!)

There is a driver for it for AlphaNT. Send me your email address and I'll email it to you.

Last edited:

About us

• Silicon Graphics User Group (SGUG) is a community for users, developers, and admirers of Silicon Graphics (SGI) products. We aim to be a friendly hobbyist community for discussing all aspects of SGIs, including use, software development, the IRIX Operating System, and troubleshooting, as well as facilitating hardware exchange.

User Menu