6.5.30 Installled but no NFS support?

Dacobi

Oct 13, 2021
Denmark
openme.gl
Hi

Just installed Irix 6.5.30 on my O2 using the guide in the sticky thread.
Only thing is that NFS support is not installed.

Trying to add a NFS folder via Network Manager gives an error that NFS subsystem is not installed.

Trying with mount -t nfs gives an IO error.

I tried installing NFS support with: https://archive.org/details/sgi_ONC3-NFS_Version_3_for_IRIX_6.2__6.3__6.4_and_6.5
But Software Manager gives 7 conflicts with eoe.sw.base

How do I install NFS support?

massiverobot

irix detailer
Feb 8, 2019
Philly
twitter.com
I always understood the ONC3-NFS package was to install the NFS _server_ component.

Of all my installs of IRIX (5.4, 6.5.22, 6.5.30) using booterizer and installing everything (have to remove the java conflicts on 6.5.x) it's always been able to mount NFS shares from my various NAS devices. I've never had a need for my SGI to be a NFS server so never bothered with the ONC3 package.

But I see you got it installed from the overlay, so you may have not installed * durning your install.

Dacobi

Oct 13, 2021
Denmark
openme.gl
I'm not sure what went wrong but I got the machine with 6.5.11 and then NFS worked but after my install of 6.5.30 there was no NFS support.
I followed this guide:

It may be that when I installed the server component it also installed normal NFS support.

Anyway its working now.

About us

• Silicon Graphics User Group (SGUG) is a community for users, developers, and admirers of Silicon Graphics (SGI) products. We aim to be a friendly hobbyist community for discussing all aspects of SGIs, including use, software development, the IRIX Operating System, and troubleshooting, as well as facilitating hardware exchange.

User Menu